Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a g2 in silver and because I have to order they only have black edition to see and I am trying to decide between black interior or gray interior. The black addition interior with red I like but nit sure id like solid black but pics of both including head liner would be great. Or ones that have them your thoughts. A solid black with no break up of any color I would not like. Wife has black in vw touareg but liner is gray and trim is also different breaking it up and it looks good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: pics of interior

I am looking at a g2 in silver and because I have to order they only have black edition to see and I am trying to decide between black interior or gray interior. The black addition interior with red I like but nit sure id like solid black but pics of both including head liner would be great. Or ones that have them your thoughts. A solid black with no break up of any color I would not like. Wife has black in vw touareg but liner is gray and trim is also different breaking it up and it looks good.

I was in the same dilemma as you. The key differences in the black interiors are in the dash, headliner and detail trim. The headliner is a light grey, the trim that is glossy black on the console and across the dash is a satin finish gunmetal grey and the seats are a solid black, theres is not red tint to them. The stitching also has has a light grey stick versus the red stitch on the BE.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. all I needed. I really wanted black if broke up. Like the gray stitching and the gray headliner then some satin finishes is perfect. I like this a lot!

·
Registered
269 Posts
thank you. all I needed. I really wanted black if broke up. Like the gray stitching and the gray headliner then some satin finishes is perfect. I like this a lot!
Here is the grey interior. I plan to do Lunar with the light grey, Black does look good but its too dark. I also have had an Accord with the black interior for the past 4 years so I'm ready for a change. In my opinion, the grey looks more luxurious where the black feels a little more rugged. Yet good choice on the Lunar exterior.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the lunar silver with black interior. Had such a good experience with a similar color combination in a MDX that I had for 11 years. Hoping for a repeat with the RTL-E.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the grey interior. I plan to do Lunar with the light grey, Black does look good but its too dark. I also have had an Accord with the black interior for the past 4 years so I'm ready for a change. In my opinion, the grey looks more luxurious where the black feels a little more rugged. Yet good choice on the Lunar exterior.
thank you, I really like that a lot too. I didn't think I would. I have had black for a long time on my truck interiors. I do agree it is sweet. No wrong choice in interior. I do like to lunar silver for sure!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may do a flip flop and go light gray. I like it too! ha ha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was in the same dilemma as you. The key differences in the black interiors are in the dash, headliner and detail trim. The headliner is a light grey, the trim that is glossy black on the console and across the dash is a satin finish gunmetal grey and the seats are a solid black, theres is not red tint to them. The stitching also has has a light grey stick versus the red stitch on the BE.
any chance you can get me pic of the front dash with steering wheel and glove box too? I want to order one tomorrow or Monday and now seeing the light gray I am trying to decide which looks best

·
Registered
373 Posts
My 2008 RTL was Lt Silver (like Lunar Silver) with a dark gray interior, this time I decided to reverse the colors, I went with Modern Steel and the Lt Gray leather. The lt gray interior has many colors in it, grays, lt grays, blacks, dark gray, etc., as you see the pic someone posted. The black interior my biggest dislike is the light colored roof and side panels, takes away from the black interior, but black interior was not my choice of colors anyway.

trainman

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I as well have had black forever and went with the modern steel with grey interior. Like others mentioned, I liked the breakup of colors with grey seats and darker trim pieces. I love it and on a hot summer day it gets hot, but no where near as hot as black would be. You can't go wrong with either, but I was ready for a change from all black. I also bought the factory rear seat cover which is black, LoL.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Personally, I went with the black interior with mine - too cut up and too many different colors in the grey version, IMHO. Also why I did not get the blue exterior (which I liked) since it only had the grey interior.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I prefer black interiors and dark windows myself. I know it's not for everybody. Do not like people being able to see in my cars, moving or stationary.

I wouldn't say that regular model black interior is ALL black. There is definitely some different shades and surface finishes to break it all up. Overall its one of the more clean and simple interiors I've seen in a long time. Love it.

·
Registered
373 Posts

Getting ready to order/find an RTL-E and looking at Lunar Silver with gray interior. Can anyone send a few pics and comments about how that combination looks... like the Modern Steel too with gray interior.
Thanks...
I have the Modern Steel with the Gray interior, I like the looks of the interior and it's many colors the way it's put together. My wife's 2016 Acura RDX is Pearl White with the Beige interior and it's done the same way as the Honda, looks great to us. Back in the day I purchased many cars with white interiors and thought they were just the best looking thing next to the bright metallic colors of the day. I have no problem keeping the interiors clean, I'm pretty picky. I think the Lunar Silver is going to look great with the gray interior, it will even make the RL look bigger because of the light colors. My 2008 RTL was the light silver with a dark gray interior, I just reversed the colors this time.

trainman

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

anyway I can get some more pics of black with dash and glove box area ? Id like to order this week

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you ..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts