Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of queasy about taking my Ridgeline to someplace where they've never touched a ridgeline. I know it has a lot in common with other more common Honda's but I'd prefer finding someone who's worked on at least 1 or 2 regularly since 06. Not necessarily 06 but has experience with ridgelines.

So, my question, any Toronto Ridge owners that have a shop, that has some experience with Ridgelines that isn't ridiculous with their prices like dealerships?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
Are you talking routine maintenance or some specific issue with your RL?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking routine maintenance or some specific issue with your RL?
Well both really. There's nothing wrong with my Ridge at the moment but when I have to change for example my timing belt I'd like the guy that does it to have done it on a ridgeline before. I know it may sound a little over the top but if there's mechanics with ridgeline experience around my area of Toronto, Canada I'd like to find them.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
To find a Ridgeline-specific ind. mechanic might be difficult to find anywhere. Finding a reputable one well versed in Honda vehicles would probably be your best bet.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
To find a Ridgeline-specific ind. mechanic might be difficult to find anywhere. Finding a reputable one well versed in Honda vehicles would probably be your best bet.
Agreed.... a good Indie Honda shop will be more likely to fit your 'requirements' than anyone other than a dealer. If they do Hondas exclusively (or at least primarily) they should have seen their share of RLs. And if you're looking for a long term relationship, don't overlook driving a few extra miles for that extra peace of mind getting your truck repaired properly.... at least for the major stuff. Also, don't be afraid to ask if they've worked on RLs before... never hurts to ask.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Regardless of where you end up taking your truck, reading the owners manual thoroughly, getting the updates on the latest fluids to use, etc., and following this forum will give you a big advantage when the shop tries to use DW-1 in the transfer assembly or 70-90 lube in the rear diff.
Does that happen often? No, but it has been known to happen even at Honda dealerships.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been using a very good and HONEST mechanic for the better part of 15 years. He's worked on my Odyssey and has done timing belt / water pump twice. His price is half the cost of the dealer and he uses OEM parts. When I drop my honda's off for service, I tell him what needs done and if he finds anything else, to do it. He's very trustworthy and won't do more than the car needs. For example, I had an oil leak once in winter and didn't want to lay down under the van to see what's going on, so I took it to him and it turns out a leak from the oil filter. He changed the oil and that was it.. This is just but one example.

He's located in the east end at Main and Danforth. Drop me a line if you want more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts