Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

Thank you all very much for the help.

After all of your input, talking with my wife, and a couple of buddies who are car nuts, I've decided to pocket the $12-15K and go after the 2011. The $12-15K could replace the 4Runner with a much newer Sienna or Highlander, which is what my wife wants for her car.

I will be speaking with the dealership tomorrow to start the ball rolling.

Here's a link to the actual vehicle:

2011 RTL-E Navi

If I manage to land the sale, I'll post back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I had an appointment at 3PM to drive the truck.

I got a text just now, an hour and seven minutes before saying exactly:

"I'm cancelling our test drive. The truck has been sold. Sorry about that"

Wow.

So... back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
90 Posts
..."I'm cancelling our test drive. The truck has been sold. Sorry about that....
I'm really sorry to hear about the unfortunate outcome. I feel your pain.
After a winter storm early in the week, I called an owner way up in New Brunswick to let them know we were coming Saturday to have a look at his '09 EX-L/Navi with 189,000km - "sorry, I just sold it a half hour ago".

2d1c
: ^ )

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
So I had an appointment at 3PM to drive the truck.

I got a text just now, an hour and seven minutes before saying exactly:

"I'm cancelling our test drive. The truck has been sold. Sorry about that"

Wow.

So... back to the drawing board...
Ahhh Dang! We were all pulling for you! Keep looking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love the Cap for the Winters here in Utah, have the exact same one. Some have had issues with leaking (not a tight fit) but mine is pretty solid and I don't notice any leaks after washing it. Makes me a little afraid to take it off :ROFLMAO: Also a nice looking truck, can't figure out what's below the rear seats but looks like OEM rubber mats complete set? Not really a fan of the lighter color leather because you can get color bleed from clothes possibly? I think I read that on one of the posts but I could be wrong. Nothing a seat cover wouldn't fix.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Also a nice looking truck, can't figure out what's below the rear seats but looks like OEM rubber mats complete set?
Those are the roof rack crossmembers. I'm not sure if those mats are OEM or something like Weathertec, but either way, complete set.

Sooooooo.... After the test drive today....

Deposit laid down!

On paper, its mine now. I bought the one I linked to above here - Forest Mist Green (Grey?) '17 Touring.

This thing was owned by a senior who passed away, and his wife traded it in. It has all the little extras, right down to the Honda trunk dividers. It also has the wiring harness for a brake controller sticking out of the lower left console, and if you run your fingers under right there, you can feel the two screw holes. which is fine by me. I'll just tuck that back and put my Scangauge2 there.

The top of the tail gate had something screwed into it, then removed and the holes caulked. So I'm getting them to replace that, as well as installing a tailgate lock. I told the salesman it makes no sense to have a locking trunk, locking canopy, and an unlocked tail gate. When he asked the Sales Mgr, and told him I lived in the city, he didnt hesitate to include it.

Unfortunately, our bank has really craptacular hours due to C-19, and wasnt open to get a draft. They are closed this weekend, so I have to go back on Monday to take in my Volvo for trade and to get the bank draft. Final price is dependent on the value for the Volvo.

So, there you have it.

I'm pissed about losing out on that G1, but this is going to be an awesome platform for my family for the next decade or so.

My buddy said, "If you do buy that green/grey one, we're gonna have to get you a Boba Fett decal for the rear window.".

I guess I pick up Slave 1 on Monday...

·
Administrator
14,992 Posts
Pre-congratulations on your purchase!

Are you purchasing from a Honda dealer? If so and it's sold as a Honda Certified Used Vehicle and you have the option to purchase a Honda Plus extended warranty, I strongly advise you to do so. Otherwise, I strongly advise you to purchase a third-party warranty that offers similar coverage, if possible.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
88 Posts
Those are the roof rack crossmembers. I'm not sure if those mats are OEM or something like Weathertec, but either way, complete set.

Deposit laid down!

On paper, its mine now. I bought the one I linked to above here - Forest Mist Green (Grey?) '17 Touring.

This thing was owned by a senior who passed away, and his wife traded it in. It has all the little extras, right down to the Honda trunk dividers. It also has the wiring harness for a brake controller sticking out of the lower left console, and if you run your fingers under right there, you can feel the two screw holes. which is fine by me. I'll just tuck that back and put my Scangauge2 there.

The top of the tail gate had something screwed into it, then removed and the holes caulked. So I'm getting them to replace that, as well as installing a tailgate lock. I told the salesman it makes no sense to have a locking trunk, locking canopy, and an unlocked tail gate. When he asked the Sales Mgr, and told him I lived in the city, he didnt hesitate to include it.

Unfortunately, our bank has really craptacular hours due to C-19, and wasnt open to get a draft. They are closed this weekend, so I have to go back on Monday to take in my Volvo for trade and to get the bank draft. Final price is dependent on the value for the Volvo.

So, there you have it.

I'm pissed about losing out on that G1, but this is going to be an awesome platform for my family for the next decade or so.

My buddy said, "If you do buy that green/grey one, we're gonna have to get you a Boba Fett decal for the rear window.".

Does not sound like you are done yet... better know what the value of your Volvo is. In my recent deal, I had numbers for my trade of $8,500 (twice), $11,000 and $14,800... Guess which dealer got the deal! I’d back up your negotiations with print outs from NADA, KELLY perhaps Carmax.. anything to support your side of the deal!
Of course, you ARE in Canada- my experience is they will be very fair!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Deposit laid down!

So, there you have it.

I like that color, though have never seen one in person. Hope the deal goes through smoothly for you!

Such a little thing, but got the trunk dividers for my G2 after not having them for 8+ years in the G1, and wow, what a difference. G1 trunk contents would get intertwined - straps, air compressor cord, various tools, etc. - but with the dividers it's a whole new ballgame. So much easier to keep things sane back there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Pre-congratulations on your purchase!

Are you purchasing from a Honda dealer? If so and it's sold as a Honda Certified Used Vehicle and you have the option to purchase a Honda Plus extended warranty, I strongly advise you to do so. Otherwise, I strongly advise you to purchase a third-party warranty that offers similar coverage, if possible.
Why?

My uncle was in the car business for 50+ years. He told me to never buy the extended warranty. "Never bet against the house" is what I was always told.

Can you explain why @zroger73 ?

Which one do you recommend and for how long?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Does not sound like you are done yet... better know what the value of your Volvo is. In my recent deal, I had numbers for my trade of $8,500 (twice), $11,000 and $14,800... Guess which dealer got the deal! I’d back up your negotiations with print outs from NADA, KELLY perhaps Carmax.. anything to support your side of the deal!
Of course, you ARE in Canada- my experience is they will be very fair!

We've already agreed to a value which is fair. It's 14 years old, and not worth a lot.

·
Administrator
14,992 Posts
Why?

My uncle was in the car business for 50+ years. He told me to never buy the extended warranty. "Never bet against the house" is what I was always told.

Can you explain why @zroger73 ?

Which one do you recommend and for how long?
Because the 2017-2019 Ridgeline has multiple reports of water leaks, fuel injector failure, transmission replacements, alarms going off unexpectedly, broken tailgate wiring harnesses causing rearview camera failure, keyless start system problems, bad motor mounts, and more on this forum and the Facebook group.

Generally, I don't recommend extended warranties, either, but I do for the Ridgeline.

If you can't get the longest genuine Honda Plus extended warranty, then I wouldn't know what to recommend. Few, if any, aftermarket warranties are as convenient and comprehensive as Honda Plus (and Honda Care - the US equivalent).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Because the 2017-2019 Ridgeline has multiple reports of water leaks, fuel injector failure, transmission replacements, alarms going off unexpectedly, broken tailgate wiring harnesses causing rearview camera failure, keyless start system problems, bad motor mounts...

Generally, I don't recommend extended warranties, either, but I do for the Ridgeline.
Damn. Now I'm thinking I should have gutted it out with the small size of a Tacoma.

Isnt the tranny included in the 7/160K powertrain warranty?

What sort of extended do you recommend?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts