Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is trivial compared to some of the wind noise, steering wheel creaking problems, but I have both sun visors that vibrate in their anchor. If the Ridgeline wasn't so dang quiet, I probably wouldn't notice. Pretty much know how to handle that, but was just wonderin' out loud.
BTW, every Honda I have owned (4 before now) has had sun visor problems. Maybe it's the curse of the sun visor god? :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Mine does the same thing, driver's side only. I'm dealing with it for now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I think the cover needs to be glued to the center part. It makes a small rattling noise under certain conditions.

Tiger

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ditto here, seems like for nearly 40k they would at least put better clips to hold the visors. My Civic's was so loose they replaced the clips that snap into the headboard and they were even worse.

Doug

·
Registered
491 Posts
mine only rattles if I take it out of the clip. it seems to be loose for the slide feature to work. A bushing around the bar on the slide end would do the trick on mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good answer Maybearidge! The only problem I see (ignorance on my part) is that the "slack" that needs to taken up is so miniscule. Maybe >1/64th". Amazing how such a small mismatch can cause so much irritation!
You could use the thinnest possible, say plastic, tube. Cut to length and then cut open down the length of it. Put the tube with the cut facing to the back of the car and viola! Hey wait.
Went out and looked at it again. Easier to jack with when your not in motion! :D
Played around with it (focus!) and used a bit of force on pushing the visor back into what should be its' original position (from being extended) and it took up some of the slack that was there and the anchor to visor match up was better. When I first looked at it just now, it looked like a bad GM parts mismatch. Now I don't even think a spacer could be inserted, but I can tell it still has enough to buzz. Will take it out later to test.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah...well if you want to use it to the side it still will rattle. The only way mine does not rattle is up against the headliner. The wind noise usually blocks out the rattle :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine is driving me nuts as well(driver side only) but only when someone else is in the truck and I don't have the tunes cranked. Anybody come up with a solution?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Mine started rattling a couple weeks ago and having seen the post about the visor sliding in and out, decided to slide the visor all the way to towards the center of the truck (works on both driver and passenger sides) made the little rattle go away :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I solved the problem on mine by turning the plastic piece that clips into the holder a half turn. It started to turn the material covering on the visor as I turned it and stopped the rattle. I seems the rattle is in the visor and how it sits against the roof liner. The passenger side seems tighter in the spring.

I'll have the dealer look at it at first service, but it stopped for now. (Drivers side) Passenger side is OK.

·
Registered
491 Posts
hey Mr Handy- where are you in NJ??

My friend had Mr. Hankey on his house roof as the Christmas poo for the holidays...just thought I'd mention that, since that is what I thougt of when I read your name :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine rattles on the passenger's side.
My Dad was in the passenger seat while I was showing the RL off and rattle- "what was that?". So much for first impressions. Two people asking to see the RL at the gas station helped. :)

Tried the spin move. No luck.

:mad:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Try the slide move. It works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just adding my experience.

My dealership is ordering me a new visor to see if this will solve the problem. I know it wont so its just a matter of time to prove them wrong. well see how it goes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK ALL. i said i would and here i am!!
First of all I had the following common problems checked out. I will comment on the visor here, but also check my posts in the "creakey steering wheel" and "Not an ashtray" threads!!
OK.. i was skeptical at first because all my dealership wanted to do was order a new visor. i NEW it wasnt the visor itself but how it fit in the clip. But i said.. "one step at a time". WELL ONE STEP later and its perfect. I cant speak for everyone. But maybe they have since started makeing them to fit better and its just a matter of time before we see a tsb. But the new visor fits SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG!! No rattle, NOTHING! its GRRrrrEAT!
SO if you are having the same problem, AT LEAST as for a new visor. IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
here and i thought i was crazy. well, maybe, but i noticed the rattle of the visor clip on the drivers side on the first drive when i picked up my truck. i'll be taking it back to the dealer with a printed page of everyone elses issues with this item and see what response i get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts