Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my brakes back in December all new pads and rotors. Everything has been good up until about 2 weeks ago when I started getting clunking sound from the front end. I've poked around and the only thing I have found that could be making the noise is my loose front calipers, which makes sense because I can only notice it immediately upon taking off from a stop, I do not hear it at speed its only right when I get on the gas pedal from a stop. Both of them I can easily move by hand. I've taken one caliper off completely and re-installed and same issue its still loose. All the bolts are tq to spec all the bolts are there the sliders move freely and are not seized up. Its almost like there is no pressure on the pads from the pistons in the caliper. If the brake pedal is pressed calipers are tight and no wiggle at all but as soon as you release the pedal they are loose. Air in the line maybe? Brakes seem to work just fine I have not noticed any difference in braking. Anyone got any ideas of what the issue could be?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I wouldn't fool around with that. Brakes (lack of) can be fatal. Take it to a shop that can diagnose & fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts