Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my white RTL-S on Saturday. Really like this truck. The ride is something to talk about... Still a bit aprehensive about how much I paid (35k O.T.D.) ouch.

However, I noticed that my leather upholsery in the back passenger side seat is somewhat loose, you can almost pinch it with your fingers. Anyone else have this experience? This may just be normal.

I'll be dammed if I'm not getting 13mpg in the city. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tucsonridge said:
However, I noticed that my leather upholsery in the back passenger side seat is somewhat loose, you can almost pinch it with your fingers. Anyone else have this experience? This may just be normal.
Hmmm, my leather is really tight. Might want to take it back to the dealer and compare it to others.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take it back in. I've only got 80miles on this truck, so I don't want them tearing into the upholstery. I'd want a new seat...

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Honestly, leather can vary quite a bit from one seat to another and also can wear differently too. My seats have some natural "wave" in the leather but nothing extraordinarily loose so I would think you should do what Vertrkr suggested...compare them to the seats of another leather unit on the lot.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
On our Pilot, the seats started out tight but loosened up over time. There are waves in the seat bottom leather. The dealer solution was to add more seat padding. I didn't like that option so we live with it. I would expect the Ridge to have the same issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My seats are tight and smooth. My passenger's headrest has some extra material in the back, but that's hardly noticeable--I was going to pull a quickie at the dealer (switch headrests), but they didn't have another gray leather interior model.

Aloha,
Keoni

1 - 6 of 6 Posts