Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a problem or I'm just missing something. I have an 08 RTS w/ factory stereo (w/ sub), and I added a 3rd party aux-in adapter way back when I first got it. It's been working fine for years. My battery died this weekend, and after replacing it, the XM/Aux selection button on the unit simply doesn't work. The 'Disp Mode' doesn't seem to do anything either.

Given that I've used the system via the Aux In almost exclusively for ages, I guess it's possible that these buttons went a while ago and I just didn't notice until the reset forced the issue, but I figure it's worth checking whether anyone else has run into this.

I've been in the planning stages of a stereo upgrade for a bit - I guess this might force the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - entered the code after swapping the battery, and AM/FM and CD all work as expected. The symptoms seem to be that the 2 selector buttons just don't do anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FWIW this appears to be a problem with the HU itself - even using the Mode selection from the steering wheel doesn't allow switching to XM/Aux. No idea whether this was caused by switching the battery, or whether this was a hidden problem that has been there for a while but only surfaced when I actually needed to switch inputs.

I did take this as the impetus to upgrade though - over the weekend I installed a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS along with the usual Boss CE200m to drive the factory sub. Amazingly, it worked first time on power up (aside from forgetting 2 wiring clips when re-installing the dash). I had done the tweeter upgrade with Hertz DSK tweeters a while ago, and with the new HU able to high-pass the stock door speakers, I'm actually surprised at how good it sounds. I still have to pull the unit again for the rest of the install - XM tuner, steering wheel adapter and the antenna adapter which I apparently forgot to plug in.

Phase 2 will include installing new door speakers - still undecided between just putting in the midbass Hertz DSK drivers that I still have, or putting in the Infinity 6500 components I picked up. I think this ultimately depends on whether I think I'm going to be satisfied with the system after the speaker installation and just let it run, or whether I'm going to take on Phase 3 (install Dayton 10 HO sub and amp) and Phase 4 (amp and high-end components, possibly active). If I think I'll ultimately take on Phase 4, then simply popping in the Hertz is the easiest solution since the Infinity components would entail either finding a spot for the xovers under the dash or else using sail panel mounting for the tweeters.

I'll probably start up a thread if/when anything interesting occurs in my upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts