Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I lost one of my key fobs inside my truck. I've torn it apart looking and can't find the damn thing. But the truck acts like there is a key fob inside, even when my second key fob is a long distance away.

Anybody know of a way to make the key fob beep from within the truck or using the other key fob? Or have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you looked in the trunk? I don't think the fob has any way to make sound, so I don't think you can find it that way. You said you have looked everywhere, but not sure if that just meant in the cab and the trunk or just the cab.

I can't think of anyplace inside the cab where it might "hide", maybe blend in if there is not good light.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
I don’t think there is going to be an easy way. We might be able to help with manual searching. Sorry in advance if these thoughts are annoying.

Did you use a flashlight

Did you look in:
  • Center console all the way back
  • Lower cubby on door panels
  • Under front seats and between the seats and the console all the way down to the floor
  • Under the carpet or rubber mats

·
Registered
264 Posts
I often leave my key fob under my bed mat when hunting and the doors will not unlock with it that far away.
Get a flashlight and do a through search if it will not stay locked or will crank without your FOB close.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Sounds like a member from OdyClub from over a month ago; same issue with him/her. Turned out that the key fell between the seat and the console and had to take it to the dealership.
If you had searched everywhere and still cannot locate it; visit the dealership.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm pretty sure I lost one of my key fobs inside my truck. I've torn it apart looking and can't find the damn thing. But the truck acts like there is a key fob inside, even when my second key fob is a long distance away.

Anybody know of a way to make the key fob beep from within the truck or using the other key fob? Or have any other suggestions?
If your trunk will not lock, it is in your trunk somewhere because the trunk will not lock with the fob inside.
If the trunk locks, then it may be in the cab. Try unlocking the doors with the other fob, then leave the other fob in the other end of your house and go try and start the vehicle. If it starts, the other fob is somewhere in the cab.
It really is that simple!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts