Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, live in Louisville and was wondering if any other members have a mechanic they goto mainly for their ridge and possibly upgrades or such? Just got my lift kit installed locally and not terribly pleased with the job they did. Something is off and can't figure out what yet. Gonna take it back in but was hoping another member might have someone they know has actually worked on ridges besides the usual dealership since I dunno if they would even diagnose the problem besides telling me to lose the lift heh. Cheers!

Forgot to mention it took me forever to find anyone to install the lift, let alone people that have worked on ridge lines. This was the first this shop ever had even done though they deal specifically with 4x4 upgrades and such. They even had to buy an extension for their lift to fit the ridge ha.

·
Super Moderator
22,688 Posts
I think oarnold live in Louisville. Search for him and send him a pm.

What specific issue(s) do you have after the lift was installed?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda shudders in front center at about 15-16mph, can't feel it much on flats but uphill if you keep that speed it will continue doing it. All other speeds seems fine. They noticed it when they drove it to get aligned so I'm gonna take it back in this week and have them call Truxx to see if they can figure it out. What I'm most worried about is how they said the ridge didn't fit on their lift initially so hoping they didn't try to raise it and crush something before getting the extensions they needed if that even sounds possible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bigscrap,

I drove a Jeep Wrangler before I got my Ridgeline. I had Moab Off Road on Poplar Level do all the lifting and work on my Jeep. Talk to Max, the owner, he might have some advice or be able to work with the lift on your Ridgeline. They are all very knowledgeable on lift kits.

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
It is an excellent question. I think it bears repeating now and then that it would be beneficial to have a dealer survey (sales & service) on the forum that everyone could contribute their rating. The MDXers.org has such a section.

Another would be a list of local mechanics you rate based on personal experience to help other owners in your area.

One way to do this if the forum masters don't want to add additional sections would be to add it to your individual signature. Since I said it I'll start it. Dealers rated on a scale of 0 to 5, and for local mechs just recommend based on experience, no rating needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts