Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Ridge for 4 months. Until this past weekend, I hadn't had a chance to take an extended trip with my new truck. This weekend, my wife and I took a trip to visit Mom in Allentown, PA. The roundtrip was about 700 miles. Another reason for the trip was to deliver a dining room set to my sister. My observations:

*Impressive versatility- we loaded a 60" table, the legs, 3 leaves and 4 chairs in the bed. We used the Honda cargo net to keep everything in place (highly recommended). After folding the rear seats, we were able to get 2 more chairs along with our weekend luggage and other items in the back seat.

*Great highway manners- smooth riding, great interior room, comfortable front seats. Adequate power although it did downshift quickly when encountering a hill.

*Not all early production RL's leak- with tropical remnants of Dennis still around, we had plenty of opportunities to test how water tight my RL is (#1908 off the assembly line). It passed with flying colors.

*Lots of extended glances from others on the highway. Loved the reaction from a guy driving a Honda cycle!

*We are indeed a privileged few- after 700 miles of busy interstate highway driving, we were unsuccessful in our search for another Ridgeline on the road. My count is at 6 after 4 months. Of course, I think I saw a grand total of 2 '05 Tacos on the road and they've been out a lot longer than the Ridgeline.

*Good highway mileage- hit 20MPG on both legs of the trip. Spent $78 on fuel- very satisfied with these results considering the weight and capabilities of the truck.

So there you have it- a real life review of a weekend with a Ridgeline. I hope this helps those of you who are considering a purchase. My fellow owners and ROC members already know the virtues of this unique and extremely satisfying SUT from Honda :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad to hear it. We got similar results on our recent beach vacation. Smooth as silk the whole way. Not many hills around here so I haven't really noticed the downshifting. We loaded the bed to the top too, and the Honda cargo net really made it easy to keep things in place. It was raining on the way back, but everything stayed dry because I put a tarp on top and then the cargo net.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I actually got back from my first long trip today. I went from my home to the "city" (40 miles one way). So, I had about an 80 mile trip in one day. Usually, it takes me a week or more to reach that number of miles. The Ridge did everything I asked during this first marathon run. Great ride and handling and a real pleasure to drive. Unfortunately, I got caught in an unexpected rain storm and the Ridge got wet (no leaks though - knock on wood!). I never want to take it out if there is a chance of rain. Yep, I baby it all right but I never had kids so what the he'll!

The longest trip on road for me in the past ten years is coming up in August. In order to actually "GO" someplace in my Ridge, I booked theater tickets in Oklahoma City (about a five hour drive from me). After my 40 mile warm up, I am actually looking forward to this trip - and I'm a person who usually hates to drive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts