Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no complaints but can someone tell me what those sheet metal screws are for. I noticed there is a hole in the track near the tailgate. Do they expect me to drill those screws into the bed? I did notice it's a little loose without them but nothing major. Maybe I will glue them.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have no complaints but can someone tell me what those sheet metal screws are for. I noticed there is a hole in the track near the tailgate. Do they expect me to drill those screws into the bed? I did notice it's a little loose without them but nothing major. Maybe I will glue them.
Yes, they are for securing the rails to the bed as an option. I did this with no worries, it makes a small hole that can easily be filled with a black epoxy if you longer need the cover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had my backflip now for about 1 yr and half and I like it. The only issue I have is when it gets cold one end would not latch. The front of the backflip, (side sitting on top of the tail gate) seems to cave in in the middle that prevents edges to latch. Any idea what causing or if there's a fix. Again, it only happens whe it is cold.

TexasRidge

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've had my backflip now for about 1 yr and half and I like it. The only issue I have is when it gets cold one end would not latch. The front of the backflip, (side sitting on top of the tail gate) seems to cave in in the middle that prevents edges to latch. Any idea what causing or if there's a fix. Again, it only happens whe it is cold.

TexasRidge
Is the panel actually "bowing" when its cold?
Mine doesnt do that. Nor do I think it should, I'd contact Bakflip about that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The last panel (tailgate) on mine also bows slightly but no big deal. The thing I don't like is the moisture between the top of the tailgate and the rubber seal on the Bak freezes. Still no biggee, just a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts