Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
385 Posts
Wanted to follow up on my spotted BE. As I dug in with the clay bar I noticed that the majority of the dots had a speck of rust in the center. Initially, I feared the chemical had eaten through to the sheet metal beneath. However, the mirrors, bumpers, etc, don't have sheet metal so it had to be a highly aerosolized solvent being used to clean something within that shop.

I took a before and after of the roof so you all can see that I once again have a spot free BE.

View attachment 430734

Detailed cars for a living decades ago. Glad I retained those skills.
View attachment 430736

Here it is after two days of clay barring (Chemical Guy's OG Bar and lube), compound, & polishing (Chemical Guy's VSS with orange foam pad on my ). Today will be another wash then applying a final paint protectant/sealant (Jet Seal with black foam pad). Check out that sleek hood protector, too. It's almost invisible.

View attachment 430737

Thanks for all the comments and corrections.
fantastic work

·
Registered
335 Posts
I do all of my own detailing and have found the Macquier's Ultra Glaze products to be superb, when used with the Porter Cable 7424XP buffer - the buffer is perfect for the hobbyist and you won't "burn through" any paint using the proper pads and settings. You can do a "quikcee" detailing in a an hour or so without killing yourself:
Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Black Edition
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I do all of my own detailing and have found the Macquier's Ultra Glaze products to be superb, when used with the Porter Cable 7424XP buffer - the buffer is perfect for the hobbyist and you won't "burn through" any paint using the proper pads and settings. You can do a "quikcee" detailing in a an hour or so without killing yourself:
View attachment 430762 View attachment 430763
First let me say that I find your WIN DOW front license plate very clever. Second, you are assuming that the person you are attempting to pass with your SS 396 will look up from their phone and check their surroundings. They won't.

Ok, back to the detailing stuff. I agree 100% that with this new breed of orbital buffers and great products have combined to make detailing way easier. My TorqX with the foam pads applies product effortlessly. I use products from a variety of manufacturers (3M, Chemical Guys, Meguiars, California Custom/M-Ron, and more) depending on what I'm doing and available time. Since I live in Western PA and work in a steel mill, I look for ease of application/removal and not longevity of shine (2 weeks tops regardless of product.) Meguiars products are among my favorites, too, but M-Ron Glass is the absolute easiest clear coat cleaner wax I've ever used, even in direct sunlight.

You do have a couple sweet rides. Keeping them looking so awesome is obviously a labor of love.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just an update on my BE situation. My wife took it yesterday to visit my daughter in Miami. We'll see how all that polishing holds up to hurricane winds and rain. I told her I expect it returned in the same state of cleanliness as when she left. I know, it will be once I redo it all. Hopefully, just a quickee as "fdeno" put it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,313 Posts
Be sure to post some before and after pics when she returns!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Before...

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

Upon her return last evening...
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

She did bring me a souvenir. A big ole door ding in the bed side.
Plant Leaf Road surface Slope Asphalt

Overall, the RL did great. She said they really enjoyed tooling down the highway windows and sunroof open enjoying the BE sound system. I know her taste in music and just can't picture that.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts