Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I debated going back and forth on whether to black out my grill or not. Decided to go with the Plasti-dip vs. Bed liner as I can always change it back if I don't like it. I've now decided I LOVE it and will have it Line-X'd when down the road the Plasti-dip decides to fail.

Before:

IMG_0736.jpg

During:
PART_1424565927914_20150218_125353.jpg
PART_1424564804304_20150219_174755.jpg

After:
PART_1424564858190_20150219_183831.jpg
PART_1424564772455_20150221_160816.jpg

I actually took the time to remove the grill and bumper and break down the grill into it's 4 different pieces. I didn't plasti-dip the grating at all because it's already black. I did the other 3 pieces separately to make sure the lip of the plasti-dip wrapped all the way around the individual pieces and not have any easy edges to promote peeling to start.

Overall, incredibly easy process and good looking results for all of $15.

I now REALLY dislike the chrome that is in the headlights. I'll be changing out that soon tho and will post additional pictures once I've gotten that done.

I know this has been shown many times before but this time it's on my truck and I wanted to show off. :)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm thinking the original version looked real nice...... but it's not my truck! Glad you like it.... :)

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
^^^Yea, I agree^^^ a bit too much black IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have left the outside part chrome looking and just did the inside. Just a little to much black for me. I have done my rims and door handles and emblems with plasti-dip and the stuff is still going strong even after putting the truck through the car wash. I just need the time to do the out side of the mirrors and the in side of the grill. I am going to leave the outside chrome and the H chrome looking. good Job on taking the time to take it all a part.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's my grill, roof rack, rims, runningboards, and mirrors plasti dipped... Talk about durable stuff, this stuff is awesome... Here in new York we've had intense snow and cold here down to 5 degrees this year and I go wheeling in my ridge line a lot too and man does this stuff hold up really well... Had a few chips and peels but that's mainly from the off roading from stick and rocks and what not but either way durable and amazing

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did 5 coats just for good measure and to cover any imperfections I had. 3 wasn't enough. 4 was just good enough. 5 was the magic number for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts