Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both low beams stopped working at the exact same time. I got in the car in the morning and they wouldn't turn on. From the off position, when I turn the light knob to the right one position, parking lights turn on. When I turn more (for headlights), the headlights don't turn on. I hear a normal click and the dash dims like it's supposed to, so some aspect of the 2nd position is working. High beams work in either momentary or fixed position. I checked all 4 headlight fuses and they're all good. I pulled the bulbs and both filaments on each are intact. I had a spare bulb laying around to confirm and it didn't work either on low beam. What else could it be? A relay or something? If so, where's that?

2008 Ridgeline
69000 miles

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Do you have day time running lights? Currently I have no idea..since your bulbs and fuses are presumed fine. My guess would be the switch itself..but I am unaware of any failures..and you said you hear noises when it is switched on which could indicate a functioning relay...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Several of us have "Headlight Switch" issues, but these have been primarily related to the switch leaving the running lights on and dimming the dash as if the headlights are on. I believe it is approximately a $50 part plus taking apart the dash enough to get to it, while there I'd also check the connections to the switch.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
If you google the issue it's a common problem only more so with cars that have the all in one stem type light switches.

I'd start with the switch itself. Then relays etc. Just because the parking lights light doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the switch itself.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Check for 12v at the headlight connector with the switch on before you start tearing things apart.

Chip H.

·
Registered
682 Posts
is it possible both headlight bulbs went out at the same time? mine last about 6 months and go within a week of each other, but i have silverstars...

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
is it possible both headlight bulbs went out at the same time? mine last about 6 months and go within a week of each other, but i have silverstars...
Not to get off topic.
That's why I no longer have Silverstars. Went through two sets in two years. Went back to standard bulbs and never looked back (not because back up lights went out though:wink:).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts