Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some looking online and see there are a few cheaper tonneau covers to chose from. I just want something to keep the snow out of the back and stop items from flying off while driving.

What are some experiences for the lower end tonneau covers?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been happy with a Access Roll-Up Tonneau Cover. Have only had about 2 months but so far, so good. Not the cheapest probably but works well.

If you search the forums, you'll find more comments and opinions on this one and others. Good luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have an Extang Trifecta Trifold cover. It was reasonably priced, certainly less than a rigid cover, and has held up and worked great for two years. The advantage to the less expensive soft covers is that they're light, and very easy to remove completely if you need all the room.

I can personally recommend the Extang, but I am sure others are good too.

Flymo

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I have an Extang Trifecta Trifold cover. It was reasonably priced, certainly less than a rigid cover, and has held up and worked great for two years. The advantage to the less expensive soft covers is that they're light, and very easy to remove completely if you need all the room.

Flymo
I am going on 4 years with mine, Extang is the 'bomb'. The construction and materials used are first rate. I can't tell where the wear is, if there is any.
And only 15 lbs. 30 and 40's are a cold winter here, but summer get us 100 deg temps for days even a week or two in a row. I have not used the garage for last couple of years.
But quite honestly, for a given price-point I don't see many complaints of any name brand topper.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Flymo
I have a real nice hard cover that came with my Ridge.

But I previously had a Chevy Colorado, and for that I bought a Extang Trifecta. When I sold the truck I had had the cover 3 years. There was only 1 spot were there was any wear. A large branch fell from a tree in a storm and punctured the cover. I took some black gorilla tape and patched it. Other than that basically no wear on the cover on a truck that never saw a garage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
since you're dealing with snow you may not want to go with just any cheap option. i'm using the Bakflip VP cover, costed around $700+ but i know it'll be able to handle snow and that was my concern.

·
Registered
385 Posts
For reference, I've had about 18" of heavy, wet snow on my Extang, with no problems at all. It's very solid, and I would expect it to hold up to any reasonable amount of snow.

Flymo

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had a soft top tonneau cover and after years of snow and hot summers it was all craking.
This time I went with the Bakflip G2 and so far after 5 years it has been worth every penny of the difference in price of a soft tonneau cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts