Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Low mileage 2013 Sport

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ToyTruck 
#1 ·
I am looking at a black 2013 Ridgeline Sport with 15,000 miles. The Ridgeline is completely stock and in great condition. The Carfax is clean, no reported accidents, one owner, dealership maintained. It looks like the owner brought to the dealership it in once a year for an inspection and oil change. A few thousand miles a year. I like the way to black sports look.

The asking price is $22,000 at a non Honda dealership. Car gurus says great price. Any thoughts on this price?

#2 ·
A 2013 RL with 15,000 miles still a baby and will give you a long life. With my 2009 RL having 206K while doing only maintenance I am starting to look for a replacement and would not have any issues buying that one.

No interest in the 2nd gen so its 13-14 low mile RL or a newer GM truck.

Me being me, I would have to try and get them down a bit but I can tell you that RL wont last long before its sold.

#4 ·
#9 · (Edited)
$22k for a 13 Sport with 15k miles on it is not a great deal nor a terrible one. I paid $21k for my 14 Sport two years with 23k miles on it and in perfect shape except for a long scratch on the drivers door (which they touched up). I was happy with this deal and I spent plenty of time checking out the GenII. I use my vehicle for construction and honestly the GenII with its narrower access to the rear cab (even if you do the hack) and smaller trunk wouldn't work as well for me. The more car like (inside and outside) aesthetics (and in fact the whole experience )wasn't what I was looking for either.
Basically if you hate or even don't really like where Honda went with the GenII a used low mileage GenI is a fine choice. Saying it's 15 years old because its tech is old is nonsense.

#10 ·
When I meant tech, I am not specifically talking about the entertainment unit/tech inside. Aside from the navigation, and bluetooth, there is no 'tech' in this truck. What I was talking about is the technology used to design and manufacture this truck, along with safety standards, since 2005 to 2014 and how it did not change much. Except for minor changes to the bed, engine, aero, and appearance, the truck lived a very steady 10 years of manufacturing; that is with two refreshes. As far as handling, the current gen Honda & Acura large vehicles are much better and safety is superior as well. It was my opinion that I would much rather sink $20K into a new generation vehicle to get the most return and value for my money, than spend that on a Gen 1.

#11 ·
Yes I knew what you meant and well aware of Honda's bare minimum of updates to the GenI (GenII too) The truck is still an almost new GenI that happens to be 7-8 years old. Its market value is what it is and it is in fact pretty damn strong. The don't spend $20k on a GenI when you can spend $30k on a GenII argument is nonsense IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.