Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Ridgeline has had a low rpm rattle under hood for almost all of its 40,000 miles. It is especially noticeable coming up hill in at a low rpm. Honda dealer has not been very helpful. The tech took a drive with me. I replicated the noise. He tried tightening the hood and the loose engine cover which I have since taken off. I left it with them and when I picked it up the noise shortly reappeared. There is no vibration associated with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but there was a thread about the ribs under the hood becoming loose. And causing a rattle. Use some silicone, gap sealer or something like that to glue the two together again. Or contact Honda to see what they would do.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Another possible cause:

TSB #A16-013
NHTSA ID #10143359

Summary: Service bulletin - There is a chirping coming from the engine area with the engine warmed up. The high pressure fuel pump is making a chirp.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure about this, but there was a thread about the ribs under the hood becoming loose. And causing a rattle. Use some silicone, gap sealer or something like that to glue the two together again. Or contact Honda to see what they would do.

I am not familiar with the ribs. I am quite possibly the least mechanical person I know.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I am not familiar with the ribs. I am quite possibly the least mechanical person I know.
They are the bracing. When you open the hood and look at the bottom of it. You'll see the ribs or bracing that keeps the larger sheet that is the hood from moving or flexing. Those two pieces have become disconnected. Probaly due to lack of glue or what ever Honda uses to bond the two together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are the bracing. When you open the hood and look at the bottom of it. You'll see the ribs or bracing that keeps the larger sheet that is the hood from moving or flexing. Those two pieces have become disconnected. Probaly due to lack of glue or what ever Honda uses to bond the two together.

darn it, i just removed the insulation, but they are still tight. thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a the same if not similar problem and it did it in very similar situations you would expect pinging. It was replaced as faulty bulhead cover under warranty with less that 34,000 miles on the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts