Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Idaho _

Just bought a pre-owned 2022 Ridgeline (RTL-E). The prior owner had installed the OEM Chrome Lower Door Trim (AKA, Rocker Panel) accessory...

Personally, I'm not a fan. I'm hoping someone here still has the original pieces (Perhaps from a recent chrome install of your own) so that I can switch it back to to find the original look (?)

As for the Chrome door trim pieces I would be taking off, I'd be willing to part with them super-cheap (if not free) if there's a way to make this work for both parties.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your time and attention :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youll need new rocker panels as the trim is fixed to the panels via small studs that required drilling through the rocker panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI DockingPilot _ I agree. I looked up the install on YouTube and saw it was the whole trim piece, so I'm hoping to find someone who wants to part with their originals because they've already swapped them out for the chrome accented rocker panels, or are about to. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
174 Posts
NP
Well, I dont “think” I could be wrong, youll find that. RL owners who want the chrome accent buy just the chrome pieces and install them or have them installed on the rocker panels that came with your truck. Like I did.
The accent chrome pieces dont come with new rockers.
However you may find a owner who wants the chrome and swap his virgin set of rockers with you.
If Im understanding your question correctly.
Mine before:

And after I bought and installed them. Same panels, just now drilled and accents installed over them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NP
Well, I dont “think” I could be wrong, youll find that. RL owners who want the chrome accent buy just the chrome pieces and install them or have them installed on the rocker panels that came with your truck. Like I did.
The accent chrome pieces dont come with new rockers.
However you may find a owner who wants the chrome and swap his virgin set of rockers with you.
If Im understanding your question correctly.
Mine before:

And after I bought and installed them. Same panels, just now drilled and accents installed over them.

Your truck looks like mine, except I have the factory wheels - very nice!
As for your understanding of me wanting a "virgin set of rockers", you'd be correct.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
401 Posts
Any chance of having them painted to match like the body side moldings? Might be a better option.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
401 Posts
If it were me and I had chrome and I knew I couldn’t just peel them off I would paint match ,plastidip or vinyl wrap. I wrapped the chrome trim on the oem windowvisors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts