Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radiators & coolers are pretty exposed and I know a few people who've had theirs taken out by a rock and the repair bill is quite expensive. I've added some platic mesh to my Ody but I just can't make it work on the Ridgeline.

So then, this company specializes in grill inserts for just this purpose or for looks, your choice. As always they won't invest in making them unless they aware of enough demand so if you're interested I'd suggest letting them know:

http://www.grille-tech.com/contact.html

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hello Vertrkr,

Can you view my post about the Signal Mirror...I think this would be a great safety feature for our Ridgeline...if you think so, send them an email.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All good things come to those who wait. Give the aftermarket a chance to see what the sales are and then they will come around to offer things we won't even need.

I would suspect that by fall these guys will have a feel and the market will start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good News, you don't have to wait until fall for a superior grille insert.
Cloud-Rider has done it! Check out the announcement
with photos in the Exterior section.
Karen @ Cloud-Rider

·
Registered
383 Posts
Tried a cheap alternative for the upper grill area.

Folded a piece of 24" wide black aluminum screen mesh in half and cut it to length. Folded over the open sides a 1/4" and pounded flat with a rubber mallet. Removed the cowling above the radiator (need a small screwdriver to pop up the plastic plugs). Slipped in the mesh and poked holes through the mesh with an awl where I threaded through plastic lock ties. Looped around the front of the grill in 8 spots to secure it.

Total cost.... about $15 CDN and I have 92 more ties left.
As you can see from the photos, it keeps the bugs/rocks from hitting the rad.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is a great idea! Might try it on my RL. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts