Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in-law would like the running board on the driver's side of his 2009 Ridgeline lowered about 2": how difficult would this be? It might be apparent once I look at it, but he just asked me about it today, so I haven't had a chance. It's the type that's part chrome, part black rubber, if that helps. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
You might want to visit a welding shop (muffler shop?), if only to ask for a quote to modify your existing brackets to add the needed distance.
But you better take a look at the entire mounting arrangement.... you don't want to create gaps between the RB & the bottom of the truck that someone's foot falls into on their way to a broken leg or ankle.
Possibly consider a custom fabrication to also close up or block that space while you get the RBs lowered.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
With all that custom fab work, the $$ might be too much.

A cheaper alternative might be to replace the OEM with aftermarket running boards.

I did not like how the OEMs were so high and close to the body. I installed Raptor nerf bars cuz they were lower and slightly further away from the body. It made it easier to step into and step out of the RL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts