Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Hey Jason - do the 2wd rear springs sit a bit lower than the 4wd rear springs?

ie: if someone was to put the 2wd rear springs on the 4wd model...I would assume the rear would drop a bit more, at the cost of bed weight carrying capacity. Would that be a correct statement?

do the 2wd rear springs sit a bit lower than the 4wd rear springs?

ie: if someone was to put the 2wd rear springs on the 4wd model...I would assume the rear would drop a bit more, at the cost of bed weight carrying capacity. Would that be a correct statement?

Was there a lot of camber due to lowering? Did you have to re align or fix the camber? BTW, sick truck. (y)(y)(y)
Thanks. It’s currently -0.9 on front and -1.9 on rear. I took it back to the alignment shop after a month and 1000 miles later. The results was the same as the first adjustment. After 2000 miles, I don’t notice any abnormal tire wear.

Same camber result as I got, -.9 on front -1.8. On rear, jive about needing ajusable ball joints for Burtman springs is just that... ignorant jive by people who do not have them. If I get adjustable ball joints it will be to add more camber and be based on tire pyrometer checks with extreme summer tires on 20” or 22” and a race track, not some internet keyboard yahoo with all terrain or all season tires. Really love what you did with your truck! You and Smook‘s threads cost me the best 3K I have spent, made the Ridgeline fun enough to drive to do it just for the joy of it.

Hey Jason - do the 2wd rear springs sit a bit lower than the 4wd rear springs?

You don't want to do that. The 2wd springs don't carry the same payload as the 4wd springs. The 2wd trucks also don't have the same towing capacity as the 4wd. Here is video from customer with the Springs installed:

He also has the Romik running boards, which make the truck look even lower.

You don't want to do that. The 2wd springs don't carry the same payload as the 4wd springs. The 2wd trucks also don't have the same towing capacity as the 4wd
That comparison only goes so far. For example, Below are trims and their payload for the 2017 Model Year
RT 2WD: 1465lbs
RT AWD: 1584lbs
Black Edition: 1499 lbs

The difference between the RT trims in the driveline configuration is 119lbs. However, comparing the 2WD to the top of the line BlackEdition AWD is only 34lbs.
Towing limitation is not limited to the rear springs but the driveline configuration, rear shocks, trans cooler, etc, I do not believe there is a published spring rate as of yet, so it is hard to determine the rates, though the part numbers for the shock absorber and spring are different for the 2wd and AWD.

Nice G2 suspension discussion >> 2020 Honda Ridgeline Suspension Deep Dive | How it works

One month after the install.. So far it’s been a great ride. I agree with others who shared their experience of their lowered RL. The ride is now better than stock, IMO. It takes bumps/dips better, corners better, I’m more confident at high speeds on the freeway. Not saying these were problems before, just saying I definitely feel a difference. View attachment 401005
Hi, your Ridgeline looks amazing. Congratulations.

You could answer two questions:
1. Where did you buy the Running boards.
2. How many inches did you drop to the body of your Ridgeline.

Thanks

One month after the install.. So far it’s been a great ride. I agree with others who shared their experience of their lowered RL. The ride is now better than stock, IMO. It takes bumps/dips better, corners better, I’m more confident at high speeds on the freeway. Not saying these were problems before, just saying I definitely feel a difference. View attachment 401005
Are these the Burman 2/3 or 2/2 drop springs?
Also, What brand running boards do you have?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts