Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello, any updates on the spring rates? Also, how are these being made, are you creating an entirely new spring for the ridgeline, or are you cutting the existing OEM spring? If so, how much is being cut off for say a 2" drop?
They're new, and the spring rate is higher though I don't know how much. They give a considerably firmer and more sure footed ride.

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Nothing is being cut. :) This is a NEW spring then powder coated. The stock springs were measured for downforce so that's how and why you can STILL TOW with these and keep the same payload as factory. These will give you are more controlled ride vs factory, and you can still load the bed. I like to say it's a more secure feeling - ala 5 series bmw feel.

Burtman Industries lowering springs, 3 sets in stock currently

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got these from Burtman a few years ago and loved the ride quality. I'm one that gets bored easily and now my truck is lifted, lol. My wife says I drive her crazy but it's my money so I do what I want with it. When I was lowered the shop foreman drove my truck said he couldn't believe how good it rode for being lowered. It actually rode nicer lowered than it does now with my lifted setup. I wouldn't think twice about doing it again as I still have the springs sitting in my garage wasting space.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed these springs a few weeks ago and I am really happy with them. The tires fill in the wheel wells more and the truck sits a bit more level, I really like the improved look. I always thought the stock springs were a little soft and the handling could be better. With the new springs the truck handles more confidently, the ride is a bit firmer but the truck still has good manners on bad roads which is all we have here in Oklahoma.

I can attest these are not cut down OEM springs. The springs are tapered so a cut job would result in a spring too big or too small. These are new springs that fit perfectly in the spring seats of the stock suspension.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed these springs a few weeks ago and I am really happy with them. The tires fill in the wheel wells more and the truck sits a bit more level, I really like the improved look. I always thought the stock springs were a little soft and the handling could be better. With the new springs the truck handles more confidently, the ride is a bit firmer but the truck still has good manners on bad roads which is all we have here in Oklahoma.

I can attest these are not cut down OEM springs. The springs are tapered so a cut job would result in a spring too big or too small. These are new springs that fit perfectly in the spring seats of the stock suspension.

View attachment 395258
Ah very nice, love the white. I kinda miss my lowered truck now. As I said I had these springs, then lifted my truck because I'm one of those guys that has to keep changing things but maybe I'll go back again. The one thing I liked was how much better the truck cornered and handled, which was a much welcomed benefit. Decisions!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't get what the problem is? What's it matter? When I had them on I towed it with, I took it out to dinner with family, it did everything well and can still support towing. That's the one thing I wanted to be sure of that it could still tow my airstream and no issues. As I said I have since lifted my truck but may go back to the lowered look again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't get what the problem is? What's it matter? When I had them on I towed it with, I took it out to dinner with family, it did everything well and can still support towing. That's the one thing I wanted to be sure of that it could still tow my airstream and no issues. As I said I have since lifted my truck but may go back to the lowered look again.
is this directed to my question on the spring rates? I wasn't asking you, I was asking Jason B, the vendor/mfg of the part itself.

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try contacting , Canuck Motorsports Ray Webber 604 599 5433
#38 13290 78th Avenue
Surrey , BC V3Wo46
Canada

I think they make the springs and sell them at a much friendlier price .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jason B.

I am interested in these. Are they only the rear springs, or all 4?
I'm guessing all 4, because the website says gives the whole truck a 2 inch drop. I just want to verify.

I have a 17 RTLE and I think it looks horrible with a leveling kit (so it's even taller). If I wanted to lift a truck, I'd buy a GMC. I bought the Ridgeline because of how sleek it looks, so the "street" look would be pretty good to me.

Any info would be appreciated..

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
@Milton6x : Burtman Industries sell Sprint springs. Sprint, from what I can see, is made in the US, just not sure where. Why do you say that you think Canuck Motorsports make the springs?

OffTopic:

@Jason B : Been trying to reach you over a week. It says you are active here few hours ago. It would be great if you can respond to your communication (texts).

221 - 240 of 245 Posts