Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 has the LTX's and i noticed some cracking in the groves of the tire. So i called Michelin and they gave me a claim # (my phone #). Went to the Sears Auto Center in Waterford CT. I spoke with Eric the manager on duty, he went out and inspected the tires, recorded the tread depth and wrote down DOT #s. We went inside and he placed a call with Michelin. Michelin aprroved a 65% credit towards a michelin product (Michelin, Uniroyal or BF Goodrich). My tires had 8/32" left and 39K miles on them. The truck was purchased new in 12/07 the tires had a date code of 0307. So the only tires he had in stock were BF Goodrich Long Trail's. I bought a set of 4 w/60K mile warranty out the door for $275.
I think I did good considering my tires were 3 1/2 years old.
Overall I would say Michelin wants the customer to be happy, A very easy process and thanks to the team at Sears.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. I had a choice of either new Michelin's, BF Goodrich or Uniroyals. As I was a little worried about the exact same thing happening again I chose the Uniroyals. Michelin paid 70% of the new tires and it cost me 196.00 out the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.