Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe our stock roof rack cross bar support up to 110pounds give or take. I have had a cargo box on my car for a long trip, and didn't have an issue with the weight of some camping equipment.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Drater,

If you update your profile it would be much easier to answer this question.

IIRC,
G1 RL 165# Per Owners Manual
G2 RL 165# Per Owners Manual

YMMV

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Does the G2 refer to the 2017 model?
G1=Gen 1 Ridgeline '06-'14
G2=Gen 2 Ridgeline '17-??

Below are pages from the Owners Manual of an '06 & '17

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I installed one on mine and knowing how they are fastened, I wouldn't go anywhere close to the max weight.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's a pickup with a bed and a hitch. Why would you need to put things on the roof? Just a question and not a negative view, but would like to learn more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally want to install a roof rack for hauling just about anything. The plus is that it frees up my hitch and bed to be used for other things. Plus a roof rack has many choices for hauling any kind of gear imaginable. Working on ordering the track now and installing my rack from a past vehicle to my new/2012 ridgeline. Love this truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Roof racks are good for kayaks, if you don't want to use a trailer. The racks with baskets are also really good for smelly clothes if you secure a net over them (or, if they REALLY stick, skip the net and go buy new ones!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts