Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, after lurking on this site for many months I finally took the plunge. I had been reluctant to register and begin posting as I knew it would lead to me spending a whole lot of money. Well on Saturday I spent a whole lot of money and bought a billet silver EX-L. The truck is everything I expected and more. My previous daily driver was an 04 Dodge Dakota Quad AWD Quad Cab with the 4.7 V8. I expected to find the Ridge a little soft in the motor department but have been pleasantly surprised by the power and performance. I also have an 04 Acura TL and if the Ridge proves to be similar the power will only get better.

Im in Canada and am hoping that the Ridge will also be better than the Dakota in the mileage department where I was getting only 17 highway and 14 city in the Dakota. I didnt buy the Ridge specifically to get better mileage but Im hoping for low to mid 20's on the highway as I do alot of highway travel. From what I have read on the board many owner in the Us are getting over 20 highhway and the Canadian gallon is larger so mid 20's may not be out of reach, time will tell.

I will post some pics in the near future and look forward to being in "The Club"

Ajax

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey, like Tim said, "Welcome"

I wont get into bashing the Dakota but I think you made a wise decision. The Ridgeline really has turned into a love affair and the ROC is a great outlet for our addiction. Feel free to post your thoughts, issues, excitement, photos, and any mods with the community.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the club. I know you will enjoy your new ridgeline. I traded in a dodge dakota for mind and I love it. Once again, welcome! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was raised in Niagara Falls, NY and the emperial Gal, is it still 160 oz??? Of so, you should get 1/4 th more than we get; therefore and consequently!!! If you drive exclusively on the Queen E you should get 25 mph/emperial gal. In mixed driving, city HWY 20 to 22 on the emperial gal. On intown exculsively
20 mph. :rolleyes:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new truck.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I wonder if this is a conspiracy but I seem to notice ladyridge posts the color my world link in welcomes to people who bought silver. I think this is going beyond just campaigning ;).

Oh and Welcome, glad to have you on board. You all still buy gas by the gallon but drive by km? That seems so confusing. It has been years since I was in Canada, and I made sure to fill up before entering and fill up again after exiting so I wouldn't have to deal with paying Canadian prices for fuel which I was told were high.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome Ajax

........I did the stalker deal for a while and made the mistake of taking a test drive.......owned one soon after.

We buy gas per liter (1.00CAD) these days so milage is becoming more important than just 12 months ago for sure. I'm getting about 22-25 miles/imp gallon......thats city, hauling and some highway. I have not had a chance to any long drives @ speed limit to see whats possible.....20,000km so far and no problems........other than the water leak which I think is fixed.

Silver rocks, enjoy the truck.......mines blue, I figured the silver looks best but thought i would do something different as I have owned silver before.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is there anywhere in the states that we can purchase some of those imperial gallons, with gas prices nearing $3.00 per gallon the extra mileage would be appreciated.

God bless those imperialists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, much appreciated! I got silver because it has a habit of always looking clean even when dirty. I think that all the colors look good on the Ridge, silver just looks best!

Gormleyflyer glad to hear the mileage is good, gas is expensive and will no doubt get more expensive as time goes by.

I have the tweeter cover rattle on the passenger side that Im about to have a look at tonight otherwise its very solid build quality. The stereo is better than I expected also, so thats a nice bonus!

Gotta love that trunk!!!!!!! So very usefull that its almost impossible to believe that other automakers didnt think of it sooner!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts