Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just picked up my Black LX (Canadian RT model) from the dealer about 1.5 hrs from here. Here are a few pics that all of you have requested. The interior pics are limited but if any of you would like to see anything in a bit better detail, let me know.

I'm happy to report that I have no apparent problems as of yet, there is absolutely no wind noise and my steering wheel does not creak in the least.

I've also included a picture of the roof strip that some of you have been talking about. There is no wind noise and it meets with the rubber surround of the windshield perfectly. I hope this might solve your dilemna if it hasn't been fixed as of yet.

All in all I am VERY impressed with this truck, I haven't heard the sound system until today and even without the subwoofer, it is MOST impressive for a factory stereo. Awesome high end response and and able to produce those low tones everyone wants. Finally a car company put like 100 extra dollars into their speakers so I don't have to rip them out and replace them within one week of purchase. VERY well done Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The black really looks good. Drive it in good health.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
yes pls take more interior shots, also take a picture of driver's seat and feature.
i know its manual, but would like to see one please :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks great Gilz99! Can you get a pic of the wheels? Thx!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok more shots as requested. :)

Shot one is of the manual seat feature. The first lever on the left is the height adjustment, just think old school barber shop chair style. Second is the tilt adjustment. There's another shot of the bar under the seat that adjusts the seating further and closer to the wheel.

Then there's a closeup of the styled steel rims. Pretty decent looking in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
BamaRidge said:
Congrats on the new Ridge. Thanks for posting the pix. It's interesting to see the minor differences in the details.

IMO there are only subtle differences between the RT (Canadian LX) to RTS (EX) and RTL (EX-L). The important thing is there are absolutely no difference between the engines unlike some car manufacturers who skimp on this important item on the base models.

Congratulations on the new truck! Hope to see you on the road when we go up there in Ontario. :cool:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
thank you for the extra shot... and yes that is a very nice truck.
Yes, certain manufacture do skip on engines and style, just wished honda had choosen to put lubar support on all models and AUX input on all models too.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pics. The black is pretty sharp. Adding any accessories? The chrome bumper would look awesome....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't decide between the RT and RTS! Can anyone give a comparison of the cloth on the seats? I don't care much for the design pattern on the RTS seats, but they look like they might be a better material. All I know is from pictures, as the annoying dealer kept trying to push the leather, thus I never even got to touch the cloth seats. :mad:

The whole lack of RT models is very annoying. I feel like I have to make a commitment to buy one before I even see one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am pretty sure the material is the same for the RTS and the RT. I went with the RTS because I don't like leather seats in a truck and I wanted the audio controls on the steering wheel and I like having adjustable lumbar support.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chrome bumper eh? I've seen the pics, looks pretty neat. I kind of like the look of the honda OEM brush guard, but would love something a little bigger that covered the front end. The only real "accessory" I have on that Ridge are the mudguards..lol.

In my humble opinion, the cloth seats are outstanding. I'm a little biased though :).

I picked up the Mr. Clean autodry kit on the weekend, it seems to work pretty good. Basically a necessity with black. I feel haunted by the waterspots :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I also like my cloth seats in the RTS but I'm not a big fan of Leather.

The car wash purists will probably gasp but I have been using the Mr. Clean on my cars for a while now and that darn little thing works really well. My CRV was black and I never had one water spot on it. The "Ionized" rinse seems to do what they claim. It works even better when you have a good coat of wax on there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually, the cloth is not the same, if you go to the big book in the dealer where they have all teh colors, there should be cloth samples in there.

The RTS cloth is a bit smoother than the RT, and has texture patern in it.

Grok Lobster said:
I am pretty sure the material is the same for the RTS and the RT. I went with the RTS because I don't like leather seats in a truck and I wanted the audio controls on the steering wheel and I like having adjustable lumbar support.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Great Tristano said:
I can't decide between the RT and RTS! Can anyone give a comparison of the cloth on the seats? I don't care much for the design pattern on the RTS seats, but they look like they might be a better material. All I know is from pictures, as the annoying dealer kept trying to push the leather, thus I never even got to touch the cloth seats. :mad:

The whole lack of RT models is very annoying. I feel like I have to make a commitment to buy one before I even see one.
The dealer I bought from said they've sold about 20 and have not had an RT in yet. I decided to buy the RTS because I figured if I could negotiate from invoice then RTS invoice (about 27K-28K) wasn't a bad start. IMO, there isn't a huge difference between the two--just creature comforts and gadgety things like power seat and auto climate control.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll just have to take gilz's word on the cloth. :)

I agree that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the RT and RTS... a couple things here and there that really aren't worth 2Gs to me. I could understand the in-stock vs. 6-week wait argument, though!

I think I'll go for the RT. Maybe they'll find one quick before my trade-in deteriorates...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
my comaprison in difference to RT and RTS are:

RT doesn't have lumbar support intergrated to the driver's seat
RTS color match bumper, side mirrors
Dual Climate and alloy rims

I would like to have Lumbar support, due to i do alot of driving and would like that support on my back. other options doesn't really matter. Just wished that the Lumbar support was standard on all level models.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts