Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made a rear Differential cover today.

So I had a 2007 RL come in today so. I made this with help from a long time friend. I'm very happy with the fit and its very strong. let me know what you think.
One of these and a one of my skid plates and you are set. These are ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Nice fabrication, Cad plated hardware too. Should be a few folks here that want a little protection on the diff. Pricing?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
A two bolt mounting system?!?!?!?!?!?...at least thats how it looks to me. Maybe I misinterpeted the pictures. Also it looks like you welded a bracket for the rear mounting bolt.

While I'm not saying it won't work, your front cover was much better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re: Made a rear Differential cover today.

Nice fabrication, Cad plated hardware too. Should be a few folks here that want a little protection on the diff. Pricing?
Thanks, not sure what pricing will be.

A two bolt mounting system?!?!?!?!?!?...at least thats how it looks to me. Maybe I misinterpeted the pictures. Also it looks like you welded a bracket for the rear mounting bolt.

While I'm not saying it won't work, your front cover was much better.
No there are three mount points. The drivers side has a kick up that bolts to the subframe. The rear bracket was there and has been on every one i have looked at.

I will work very well for the job its made for.

Well set me up.:act024:
Burtman will have them as soon as I have pricing and production.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Looks awesome. When and if they roll out I will get one for sure along with a skid plate.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,358 Posts

Thanks, not sure what pricing will be.

I will work very well for the job its made for.

Burtman will have them as soon as I have pricing and production.
Eric, your response to Rusty's question about mounting got lost in the quoting process. You might want to edit your post to bring out your response. Or maybe a mod might do it for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Done thanks

Eric, your response to Rusty's question about mounting got lost in the quoting process. You might want to edit your post to bring out your response. Or maybe a mod might do it for you.

·
5,740 Posts
Do you have a picture of the 3rd mounting point? I'm having a bit of difficulty in locating it myself. I'd like to see it before I place my order.

Rusty, the bracket you see is the rear center jacking point. It is standard on all Ridgelines.

PS. I like the wrap around idea on the skid plate. The SCORE Baja Ridgeline skidplate doesn't even have this feature. It appeared to me that if you would back up, the skidplate would snag whatever was under the truck.

Edit: I know TMac posted a picture of the SCORE Baja rear skidplate somewhere back at the end of 2006. I can't find it. I looked for it for about a half an hour. Any of you old timers remember where he posted this picture or have a copy of it?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Ej. I guess you wont be needing my RL for a template any more when I come up by in August.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a picture of the 3rd mounting point? I'm having a bit of difficulty in locating it myself. I'd like to see it before I place my order.

Rusty, the bracket you see is the rear center jacking point. It is standard on all Ridgelines.

PS. I like the wrap around idea on the skid plate. The SCORE Baja Ridgeline skidplate doesn't even have this feature. It appeared to me that if you would back up, the skidplate would snag whatever was under the truck.

Edit: I know TMac posted a picture of the SCORE Baja rear skidplate somewhere back at the end of 2006. I can't find it. I looked for it for about a half an hour. Any of you old timers remember where he posted this picture or have a copy of it?
there is a steel strap with three holes in it, that goes between arms off of the subframe. its hard to get a photo with it installed. RL is gone now. I will work on getting a better shot.

Ej. I guess you wont be needing my RL for a template any more when I come up by in August.
We can still get you done, just let me know when you are coming to town.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,358 Posts
Eric,

Some very nice work you are doing there.

Does the rear diff cover protrude into where the rear diff drain is located? I couldn't quite tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric,

Some very nice work you are doing there.

Does the rear diff cover protrude into where the rear diff drain is located? I couldn't quite tell from the pictures.
It does. but I did not see the scene in putting a hole. it would have weaken the plate and for three bolts it left it covered.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Any idea when this will hit Burtman? I'd like to order both at once...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts