Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 RTL w/o Nav, and looking at replacing stock HU with Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX and Maestro RR for integration w/ steering wheel controls and getting OBD2 data for gauges.
One of my goals is to get ATF Temps on the HU, but the understanding is that this is a custom gauge/pid, only available on 2009+. I have verified that it is available and functioning on my car using a BLE ELM327 dongle and Car Scanner iOS app. (Also evidenced by folks success here using XGauge features of ScanGauge II.) The biggest challenge is not that it's available, but that whatever integration I'm looking at supports the ability to get at this custom fields. Several car scanner apps and dashboard computer options don't bother with anything but the standard set of obd2 pids.

Now I understand that Maestro RR can display this, but even the Maestro folks were not able to give me a clear/complete answer on whether this particular combo works - this was their response, which indicates Transmission Fluid Temps is possible.

So I'm looking for folks with experience on RR/RR2 integration of 2009+, and wondering if you can access the following on the HU:
1. do you get ATF temps?
2. does tpms monitoring work?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
I have a Kenwood DNX893S and love it most of all for the Garmin GPS. The gauges which I seldom look at. are are bonus to me with the Maestro. By touching any displayed gauge I can change the selection between the following... MPH, RPM, Intake Air temp, load %, fuel %, braking, 0-60, 1/4mile, braking distance, boost/vacuum, distance to empty, Engine coolant temp, engine load, Exhaust gas temp, Instantaneous FU, Mass Air Flow, Throttle Plate PO, Timing Advance.
Maybe there are other options but I haven't looked that closely. I have never looked for the TPMS as in my 2014 SE it is displayed above the steering wheel and I can page through the individual tire psi pages. I had a guy hook my unit up while I was away and found some of his connections less than desirable so it is possible there are more options I am not aware of, or he didn't do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, so sounds like it does not natively show transmission fluid temperatures. Bummer - I know that it could if they just tried ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts