Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Magellan 760 or Garmin 2620 ??

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Gretchen 
#1 ·
I need your inputs on which to buy...

#2 ·
Where is this going to be put? If it's in the Ridgeline, then at any cost it's better to get the Honda nav unit. I have had Garmin Units all my life and the Alpine unit in the Ridgeline blows these totally away, I mean not even on the same page.

#3 ·
I have the Magellan 700 and I have been so happy with it. (The 760 looks even nicer!) I've had it for about a year and use it all the time. I love that it is protable so we can take it in any car with us.

It's very easy to use and the instructions are very clear - I haven't been lost yet. Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can answer.

This is a good source of info: http://www.gpspassion.com

#4 ·
Gretchen said:
I have the Magellan 700 and I have been so happy with it. (The 760 looks even nicer!) I've had it for about a year and use it all the time. I love that it is protable so we can take it in any car with us.

It's very easy to use and the instructions are very clear - I haven't been lost yet. Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can answer.

This is a good source of info: http://www.gpspassion.com
thanks gretchen, I just bought the 760!! my first ever gps toy!! I tell you all young folks...there is a better life after 50!!! :D

#6 ·
Tex's Ridge said:
thanks gretchen, I just bought the 760!! my first ever gps toy!! I tell you all young folks...there is a better life after 50!!! :D
Hi Tex, I've also got the 760 unit plugged in my RTS (thought I'd save some hard earned bucks!). Don't you have an RTL with NAVI already, or did you buy your RTL without it? BTW, I totally agree that life is great after the big five "O"
Drive safe. :p

#7 ·
I have the Magellan 500. Ilove it. Get the dash mount base rahter than the windshield one. The 760 has a built in hard drive that covers the US. Mine has memory cards and well, t hat can be a pain when you drive off th e map.

It is a good unit, very simple, has its little quirks. But overall a great unit.

#8 · (Edited)
Wow, you didn't give us much time to respond before you bought one!

I used the Circuit City "rental" program, Went on trips to Ohio and South Carolina with the Garmin street pilot 330 then Tom Tom 700 and then the Magellan 760. I was suprised to discover the first was the best. The Tom Tom was a joke, too cartoonish and locked up, the magellan was good from a map view but even though fully loaded missed many points of interest between D.C. and Myrtle Beach. The Garmin 330 has the 3-D view and the 2-D map view and great poi's. I am going to buy the Garmin 340 that comes out August 12th. It's the same as the 330 but adds the ability to recompute routes when you drive off it rather than telling you to do a u-turn and has traffic FM interface.

I did not get the Honda NAV since I want to use this in multiple vehicles. Mow I'm waiting for a good Sirius device since XM does not carry the NFL.

#12 ·
moonkat said:
Tex,
How are you mounting it?
I have a 2610 on the steering wheel housing in my Odyssey.
Not sure where it would go on Ridge. Dash cowling is a lot higher in Ridge.
Not quite sure yet. Just got it out of the box late last night. I saw there is only the suction cup for the windshield and a flex pole. I saw the optional dash mount on line for 39 $$. May get that if it be the case. I want my wife and I to sit down together and go thru the tutorial at the same time!!! Otherwise, I will spend the rest of my life teaching her how to use it!!! Nothing wrong with her brains, it's just she tends to question me a lot!! :eek: Besides, she will be the first to use it on her CRV next week. :D

#13 ·
Tex's Ridge said:
Not quite sure yet. Just got it out of the box late last night. I saw there is only the suction cup for the windshield and a flex pole. I saw the optional dash mount on line for 39 $$. May get that if it be the case. I want my wife and I to sit down together and go thru the tutorial at the same time!!! Otherwise, I will spend the rest of my life teaching her how to use it!!! Nothing wrong with her brains, it's just she tends to question me a lot!! :eek: Besides, she will be the first to use it on her CRV next week. :D
The suction cup works great. In my CRV, I mount it so it sits right above the gear shift. I don't think there is a good place in the V to do a dash mount.

We mount it in the RL kind of in the middle so I can watch it too.

Having a navigation system really takes the stress out of driving. It's nice to know that if you get lost or take a wrong turn, it will get you back on track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.