Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the MagnaFlow Catalytic Converter for the 06 Honda Ridgeline is good compared to the OEM Honda one? Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone have any experience with one?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Where are you located? MF makes two types of cat cons, 49-state and CA legal. As you might imagine, the CA converters are more expensive.

My friend and I installed a pair of MF converters on his 2004 LS1 GTO that we beefed up with heads, 226/226 @ 116 LSA cam, Kooks long tubes, Magnacharger, Magnaflow exhaust and tune using LS1 Edit...it came up for smog three months ago and passed the CA dyno test. It was close, mainly because of the cam. I also ran one on my '87 Turbo Buick; good product.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you located? MF makes two types of cat cons, 49-state and CA legal. As you might imagine, the CA converters are more expensive.

My friend and I installed a pair of MF converters on his 2004 LS1 GTO that we beefed up with heads, 226/226 @ 116 LSA cam, Kooks long tubes, Magnacharger, Magnaflow exhaust and tune using LS1 Edit...it came up for smog three months ago and passed the CA dyno test. It was close, mainly because of the cam. I also ran one on my '87 Turbo Buick; good product.
I'm in Oregon. I ordered an OEM Ridgeline replacement instead. Now, I'm having a hard time removing three bolts on the top ride of the rear catalytic converter. It's on there tight and I don't have enough leverage to break it loose.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in Oregon. I ordered an OEM Ridgeline replacement instead. Now, I'm having a hard time removing three bolts on the top ride of the rear catalytic converter. It's on there tight and I don't have enough leverage to break it loose.
Have you tried heating up the bolts with a torch?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
289 Posts
May work OK, not for long time.....
I'm curious, why do you say it wouldn't work for a long time? I used MF products in the past, and the quality and durability has always been quite nice

·
Registered
2009 Ridgeline RT, taffeta white, Wilco hitch swing tire carrier, vtech racks, Roseville, CA. 220k
36 Posts
I'm curious, why do you say it wouldn't work for a long time? I used MF products in the past, and the quality and durability has always been quite nice
Does anyone know if the MagnaFlow Catalytic Converter for the 06 Honda Ridgeline is good compared to the OEM Honda one? Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone have any experience with one?
It's an old post but I'm facing this decision as well as I do live in CA... I'm installing a cat-back Borla but 3 bolts either side ... so might as well replace the cat, which is why I'm searching for a better than OEM. Otherwise I'll pick it up at the dealer... @220k, 09RT.

That said, did you install it... if so, was it worth it? Please share your thoughts if this message reaches you. Thx-Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts