Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some lite performance modes for my G2 BE, just saw Magnaflow released a performance exhaust. Anyone out there got one of these on their G2?

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
228 Posts
It doesn't sound very deep for a V6 exhaust. It sounds pretty ricey just revving IMO. I'd have to hear it under load and driving. Unfortunately internet sound clips rarely capture with any accuracy how exhausts sound in real life. If it had a bit of burble or 350Z type of sound I'd be sold.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Your local muffler shop should do it for about half the price of the Magnaflow kit. The second day I had my RL, I took it to the local shop and put on a Magnaflow muffler and then ran the tailpipe and had it turn out behind the rear wheel ending with a stainless steel tip. All for about $350. Granted, it's not a stainless system but in Vegas that's not an issue. I didn't put a resonator back on so I saved weight (about 20 lbs. with the smaller muffler and no resonator) plus it has a nice growl when you step on it. Just another option plus you won't be laying on your back for an hour :)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your local muffler shop should do it for about half the price of the Magnaflow kit. The second day I had my RL, I took it to the local shop and put on a Magnaflow muffler and then ran the tailpipe and had it turn out behind the rear wheel ending with a stainless steel tip. All for about $350. Granted, it's not a stainless system but in Vegas that's not an issue. I didn't put a resonator back on so I saved weight (about 20 lbs. with the smaller muffler and no resonator) plus it has a nice growl when you step on it. Just another option plus you won't be laying on your back for an hour :)
Can you do a clip for us? I did the same for my Taco and was reasonably happy with the results. Ideally, I'd like to maintain the same sound below 3000 and a bit of snap and growl above that.

Phil

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can you do a clip for us? I did the same for my Taco and was reasonably happy with the results. Ideally, I'd like to maintain the same sound below 3000 and a bit of snap and growl above that.

Phil
Subjectively it sounds a little deeper than the Magnaflow. I think leaving out the resonator is the reason. No droning on the highway, still very quiet unless you put your foot in it (but I've always had V8's with aftermarket exhausts so I may not be the best judge of "quietness" :)

Reactions: RB35

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I have the MF on my truck (actually my truck in the video), no drone on highway, and I do like the sound especially when getting on it, the V6 opens up. Can here the Vtec better when it kicks in @6000 rpm. Installing AEM intake this weekend, Ill post video.
make sure you catch the vtec kicking in! waiting impatiently. There is no way I am changing my exhaust but that don't mean I don't like the sound. >:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the MF on my truck (actually my truck in the video), no drone on highway, and I do like the sound especially when getting on it, the V6 opens up. Can here the Vtec better when it kicks in @6000 rpm. Installing AEM intake this weekend, Ill post video.

So how did the intake and exhaust workout, waiting on my exhaust to arrive and thinking about the CAI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
No performance gains just looks??

Hasn’t really been log enough to tell yet and I would not expect a dramatic gain or change but so far the truck seems to be shifting differently when I speed up but at cruising speed my rpms seem to stay a little lower than before at 70mph and above. The sound is great can’t hear it over the radio except for acceleration and has a nice drone from the outside. MPG I can’t say yet as I’ve been playing with it so after some more regular driving I’ll see where it sits but I’m guess same or lower for city and maybe see a improvement at highway. If it’s anything like doing a CAI my guess is the ECU will adjust to the change in the engine dynamic but again these are just guesses based on my observations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the magnaflow. I think it sounds great when starting up and when getting on the throttle. Very little highway drone. Doesn't sound good at all revving when parked. A nice step up from factory, which was no sound at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no, they are not. gear ratio is not determined by the muffler.

That’s not exactly what I was saying but that’s good to know, I’m not a mechanic by any means just stating my observation of how the trucks been behaving. Needle sits below 2k RPMS AT 70 sat at 2k prior but again that’s just what I’ve noticed when I pay attention. It’s been a fun experience so far attempting mods on the truck but I learn something new every day.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.