Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Maintenance agreement

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  swampler 
As a engineer, we usually plan a safty factor of 1.5. So under 36,000 mile normal warranty, most thing will work up to 36,000 x 1.5 = 54,000 miles.

Plan on having problems after 50,000 miles. Power Window, seal, starter, hose. etc. parts and service for starter or power window is $1000 each at the dealer. They charge $150 for diagnotics, 1 hours of labor minimum, etc here in California.

I got 100K/7 year servicde contract for $1150. I know that most problems will start after 4 years and 50k. Since labor cost here is twice as much as rest of the country, the service contract is reasonable.

If you plan to tow and drive over 100K in 6 years, I would defintitely get the extended warranty.

If you do not tow and drive less than 50k in 7 years. i would definitely not get the extended warranty.

I am some where in between and I dont trust first year productions. (Sorry, guys.) No matter how hard Honda tries, they will make mistakes in first year prodcution. I can think a dozen stupid mistakes they make but will happily overlook them.

$954 maintenance agreement for 45k mile is #$@^&%! I thought it was extended warranty. Unless it includes 15k, 30k and 45k maintenance costs which is about $900.

No, just pay as you go that way you are not locked in one dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.