Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Wonder if Honda will leave the radio on, after turning the motor off, starting with the 20th Generation Rigi? Do we need written instructions, a manual, or a dash display to tell us how/when to take our next breath of air?🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hilarious.......snowflake approved I’m sure.

Next thing you know someone will say an evergreen tree is racist. Wait, just saw the story out of Portland.🤦‍♂️

Reactions: BayouRidgeline

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Lunar Silver Metallic
534 Posts
My Honda push mower (actually self-propelled) manual definitely gives oil change info. I change my mower oil annually and use... what else? Mobil 1 10w-30. ;)
Unbelievable, but the manual for my Honda mower states synthetic should not be used.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Definitely follow the stickers because otherwise the Service Manager or the local Jiffy Lube manager will never get that new boat they're hankering for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I thought the algorithm had been modified to now include 1 year. Look at the bright side, the OP is looking at the manual....how many cars get traded in with the cellophane wrapper still on the manual. The MM even has that covered for the major stuff.
In all...I prefer the handbook to "look ahead" and see the scheduled maintenance rather than a pop up message saying "time for such and such maintenance!" Somethings are a matter of preference...I prefer a newspaper for news vs. tv. But prefer GPS vs road map.

Anyway... Correct me if I am wrong, but is the first coolant change at 45k? If so, seems waaaaaaay early. I would periodically test my coolant and replace when necessary, always been north of 100k.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My dash display for motor oil life is at 90%.....that gives me plenty of “look ahead”.

Go to Honda.com and you can find a 600+ page handbook called the Owner‘s Manual PDF. It’s specific to you year/model. The Owner’s Manual is much more detailed than the Owner’s Guide.

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
299 Posts
Just follow the maintenance minder. It saves you money and won't void your warranty. In no universe do we know better than Honda engineers as to the needs of the vehicle they designed. Doing extra only wastes your money and time, and causes more environmental waste.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In all...I prefer the handbook to "look ahead" and see the scheduled maintenance rather than a pop up message saying "time for such and such maintenance!" Somethings are a matter of preference...I prefer a newspaper for news vs. tv. But prefer GPS vs road map.

Anyway... Correct me if I am wrong, but is the first coolant change at 45k? If so, seems waaaaaaay early. I would periodically test my coolant and replace when necessary, always been north of 100k.
You can be sure that the notice will pop up with weeks of time to cross check what you'll need to do for the service. I feel that it comes up a bit early if anything.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,081 Posts
Unbelievable, but the manual for my Honda mower states synthetic should not be used.
Not for my mower, that I could find. Honda HRX217HYA.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,081 Posts

I understand your angst about the maintenance schedule vs the Maintenance Minder. It took me a while to adjust and eventually I settled on a routine that's part MM and part schedule. For the coolant, I change it when the TB/WP/radiator gets replaced at 120k miles. Yes, I use 120k miles for that service interval. I also change the coolant halfway there at 60k miles. Why? Just because I can. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
With regard to Mr. lever, "Why? (do I change the oil in the mower once a year) Just because I can". Full synthetic, 5W30, API SP. Doubt it's anywhere close to 50 hours.....looks pretty clean when I dump it in the Fall. 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
Yup. My Apple Watch prompts me to breath once each day and to wash my hands every time I return home if I forget. The hand-washing feature has actually come in handy a couple of times. My bidets take care of the wiping. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Honda Link App, that you can download to your Smart Phone, also has the MM schedule with associated service items to be accomplished.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you....Sure would be convenient ton have a printed schedule. Wierd, not even an online printable version.
I have the Ridgeline ('19) and a CRV ('18). Both are low mileage vehicles (less than 6k miles per year). Honda sends me emails saying I'm due for service... (funny thing about that is they don't specify which vehicle they're concerned about). I checked with my service advisor at the dealership emphasizing my concern about timely oil changes in particular. He says ignore the emails and come in for an oil change when the maintenance minder indicates oil quality needs attention or when one-year's time has passed...whichever comes first.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts