Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL
649 Posts
I checked with my service advisor at the dealership emphasizing my concern about timely oil changes in particular. He says ignore the emails and come in for an oil change when the maintenance minder indicates oil quality needs attention or when one-year's time has passed...whichever comes first.
Wow. A dealer's service advisor that speaks the truth! Lucky you!

See below, dealer states 45k coolant change. Anyone here have their maintenance minder put a code out at 45kk for coolant change?
That is NOT Honda-sanctioned information - that's something made up by the dealer.
Well at least the dealer got the "Engine Oil" interval right :). Every other one is a fail!

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Touring -- "Pearl"
21 Posts
We have just purchased a 2020 Ridgeline Touring and I too was looking for the mntce chart showing what to change and when. I understand that the MM will estimate the oil change interval based on my driving style. When it shows due it will also show sub codes that indicate other checks need doing. However I was dismayed to see the foot notes . I live in mountanous terrain , travel high and low elevations, tow a travel trailer and in the winter the temps go below -29C. Four of the six footnotes tell me I should NOT rely on the mntce minder but do fluid or filter changes by distance travelled intervals.

So I will have to make a chart for all these because apparently I cannot wait for the mntce minder to advise me. It sure would be nice to have had Honda provide that, they are already giving the info in those footnotes. Just do the chart. Now I wonder if I could get a chart for every sub unit task? Does one exist?

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
Now I wonder if I could get a chart for every sub unit task? Does one exist?
No.

All of the maintenance information provided by Honda is located in your Owner's Manual. There is no additional information provided to dealers or available in the service information.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Touring -- "Pearl"
21 Posts
No.

All of the maintenance information provided by Honda is located in your Owner's Manual. There is no additional information provided to dealers or available in the service information.
Got this from my Canadian dealer today. For all you owners looking for an old style chart and not appreciating the new age , "let the machine advise you what to do" approach. Note, it is for Canadian vehicles. I have attached the pdf to this reply. First time doing this so hope it works.

John David
PS: Zroger73 may still be correct in that this may not have been PROVIDED to dealers. I didn't ask I was just happy to get it so I didn't have to do it myself.

Attachments

41 - 48 of 48 Posts