Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,278 Posts
I get what the computer is doing, but logically it makes no sense. When you reset for an Oil Change that should be completely independent of other milestones that need/should occur. People change their oil all the time before hitting the 15% mark, I know I would (pre Covid) because I would put up hundreds of miles a week and timing with oil changes I'd often have it changed in the 20s percent range or sooner. Or if you are going on a trip or whatever, not to mention what happens when people go in the opposite direction and let it go long past 0% does that throw off all the other maintenance minders ?

Up until now I thought they were all independent of each other, not based on oil change resets.

· Registered
1,278 Posts
Imagine how complicated it would be if you had individual percentages or miles for the remaining life of the engine oil, transmission fluid, rear differential fluid, transfer case fluid, brake fluid, engine coolant, spark plugs, timing belt, and tire rotations!
I would LOVE this!! And with the proper interface and menu navigation this would be outstanding.
I agree it might not be for everyone, but an option to disable for the not so savvy would fix that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.