Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sorry if you are seeing this twice. I posted it before but didn't see it show up.

I was in the process of installing a backup camera on my 08 RTL when the dashboard went dead. I haven't disconnected or connected anything. All I did was run the video signal wire from the rear to the front. The following does not work:

No dash light except PRND and the door ajar picture (dash lights work when you initially open the doors. When the dome light goes off they go off--so the bulbs work)
No AC compressor or radiator fan (Blower and temp display works)
No reverse lights
No turn signal
No windows or power locks from the door switches. Both work if I use the key fob.
No gauges work
No brake lights

The stereo works and the truck starts and drives normally. I can put it in gear using the shift-lock override. The regular brake pedal operated shift-lock does not work. The headlights and tail lights work.

I suspect a relay that powers a part of the fuse box is dead. Any helpful info will be most appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
So you are saying that you did not connect anything related to the camera? Is it possible that you disturbed other wiring in the process of running the signal wire?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect that is the case but I only ran the wire from the license plate to the bulkhead under the hood. I couldn't find any wire that I touched/disturbed up to that point.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I suspect a relay that powers a part of the fuse box is dead. Any helpful info will be most appreciated.
That is what I would suspect as well. Sounds like your under dash fuse box is dead. This is fed from the main fuse box under the hood, a 40 amp and a 120 amp what they call multi-link fuse. Check that and connectors to both fuse boxes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I would suspect as well. Sounds like your under dash fuse box is dead. This is fed from the main fuse box under the hood, a 40 amp and a 120 amp what they call multi-link fuse. Check that and connectors to both fuse boxes.
I will check when I get home and report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts