Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long a Ridgeline will run seems to be a popular topic on this forum, so I thought I would share the major service records for my recently-acquired 260k mile 2006 Ridgeline RTS (here's an introduction to my truck).

Until I purchased the truck in January, it had been a one-owner vehicle since it went into service late 2005. I didn't have any documentation or receipts, but based on the Carfax I figured it was worth calling the original dealership that sold it. Turns out I hit the service record jackpot. The first owner serviced it exclusively at this dealership and the service advisor I spoke with gave me the full service history for all major work (i.e., everything more than fluid changes).

This truck lived a hard life of use and abuse (see intro), but not neglect because it received regular maintenance. In order to pass safety inspection, I have since replaced a broken taillight, replaced the stabilizer bar links, and replaced the tires. In the next 10k miles, I will take it for a timing and serpentine belt service, but let me know if you spot anything else that should be addressed on a RL with this many miles.

• Oct 2008 @ 33,897 miles – 30k service
  • Jan 2010 @ 59,808 miles – brake service; 60k mile service
  • Nov 2010 @ 76,000 miles – brake service; 45k mile service
  • Jan 2011 @ 81,762 miles – power steering service; coolant service; alignment
  • Nov 2011 @ 103,000 miles – timing belt service
  • Apr 2012 @113,852 – brake service; spark plugs; valves and fuel injection service
  • Sept 2012 @ 123,287miles – brake service; coolant exchange; replace upper and lower radiator hoses; replace radiator; brake fluid service; tire rotation
  • Feb 2013 @ 132,961 – alignment
  • Dec 2013 @ 156,787 miles – balance 2 new tires and alignment
  • Apr 2014 @ 163,332 miles – replace catalytic converter
  • Sept 2014 @ 172,734 miles – timing belt service (plus water pump) and oil pump seals; recalls done
  • Nov 2014 @ 179,635 miles – replaced front & rear brake pads & resurface rotors; replace catalytic heat shields
  • Jan 2015 @ 182,236 miles – headlight bulb; wipers; oil change
  • Apr 2015 @ 190,235 miles – mounted 2 new tires, balanced, alignment
  • Oct 2016 @ 226,332 miles – oil change; transmission fluid change; brake fluid change
  • Mar 2017 @ 240,115 miles – new key; replace & rear front brake pads, rotors, calipers; replace right front motor mount; replace steering rack; alignment
  • Dec 2017 @ 258,998 miles – multi-point inspection & oil change; FAIL Virginia safety inspection due to (i) cracked passenger taillight; (ii) needs 4 new tires; (iii) broken hood release latch; and (iv) broken rear stabilizer bar links; dealership also notes (v) ripped left CV boot; (vi) catalytic converter heat shield rattle; (vii) cam seal leak; (viii) consider new shocks & struts. [The last item, as it turns out, was hogwash]

It's not clear if the first owner bought his tires from somewhere else, but the service advisor seemed to know that the tires in Dec 2017 were only the third set of Michelin LXT M/S that the truck ever wore. Based on this alone, I opted to stick with it and got a new set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires (apparently they're now called Defender, but the prior set wasn't) in February.

What do you think?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very impressive. I drove from Ky. to Ala. to buy a one owner 07 RL with 150,000 mile on it because of the maint. records. All service has been performed per the owners manual along with documentation to back it up.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,603 Posts
My 08 with 260,000 miles needed to have the fuel cap replaced with over a 1000 unscrews and screwing back on of the cap. I just replaced the driver's door seal with the opening and closing of the drivers door thousands of times. I installed (early in it's life) a Fumoto oil drain petcock. That keeps the wear stopped associated with screwing and unscrewing of the oil drain plug. As you know it's an aluminum pan and subject to early demise after thousands of oil changes. I'm going to have new foam installed in the driver's leather seat as it's getting a little tired. There are more items that wear out after 250,000 miles but I'm not remembering everything.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
My 08 with 260,000 miles needed to have the fuel cap replaced with over a 1000 unscrews and screwing back on of the cap. I just replaced the driver's door seal with the opening and closing of the drivers door thousands of times. I installed (early in it's life) a Fumoto oil drain petcock. That keeps the wear stopped associated with screwing and unscrewing of the oil drain plug. As you know it's an aluminum pan and subject to early demise after thousands of oil changes. I'm going to have new foam installed in the driver's leather seat as it's getting a little tired. There are more items that wear out after 250,000 miles but I'm not remembering everything.
How easy does that door seal go in? Any tips?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,603 Posts
How easy does that door seal go in? Any tips?

Ah, good question. My '08 RTL was just T-boned to the tune of $5,800.00. (100 per cent other guys fault). Surprised the insurance company didn't total a 10 year old Ridge with 260,000 miles. Basically a new rear door and a "brand new" left rear quarter panel. So, I'm getting to your question. I purchased the drivers door seal and the body shop is going to install it. Sorry, I purchased it weeks ago but I decided to let the body shop deal with it. I'm really, really glad they didn't total it.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Ah, good question. My '08 RTL was just T-boned to the tune of $5,800.00. (100 per cent other guys fault). Surprised the insurance company didn't total a 10 year old Ridge with 260,000 miles. Basically a new rear door and a "brand new" left rear quarter panel. So, I'm getting to your question. I purchased the drivers door seal and the body shop is going to install it. Sorry, I purchased it weeks ago but I decided to let the body shop deal with it. I'm really, really glad they didn't total it.
Hey, I’m cool with that. Carsmak is hooking me up with a link. Thanks for calling it to our attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts