Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am trying to decipher what the labels are the fuse boxes mean. In particular, I am looking for the fuse for the license plate lights. Would this be the one labeled "Small" No. 4 (10A)? I am planning on upgrading the dim license plate lights to LEDs, I had an issue with it before and had to take it to the dealership because the running/parking lights in the rear stopped working after I installed LED reverse lights (which are still on and run great but the LED license plate lights blew a fuse). I want to not have to take it to Honda again if this happens again, although I have purchased 'better' LED license plate lights this time so I don't expect any issue but just want to be prepared to fix it if needed. Would there potentially be only one fuse that could be blown? Should I try to find the reverse, brake, and/or turn signal light fuses as well (and which would they be labeled as)?

I also plan on installing PIAA LED for lo beams and maybe even hi beams, already installed Calais LED yellow fogs that look and run great so far. I think I see the fuses for the lo beams, labeled 'L H/L LO' and 'R H/L LO'. I also see H/L LO MAIN, what is this? I do not see a fuse label for the hi beams though. Edit: I see 'H/L HI MAIN' but don't see one for L or R, so I guess there's just one.

Sorry for the many questions, I briefly tried looking it up but didn't get really far.

·
Registered
371 Posts
There is so much posted here on this topic of Light upgrades to LED's, just use the Search Button.

trainman

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Mr. Clam. I have been staring at that thing for an hour or two. But it still doesn't state which fuse the license plate lights are.

My other questions aren't really answered with that page of the manual as well:
"Would there potentially be only one fuse that could be blown? Should I try to find the reverse, brake, and/or turn signal light fuses as well (and which would they be labeled as)?

I also plan on installing PIAA LED for lo beams and maybe even hi beams, already installed Calais LED yellow fogs that look and run great so far. I think I see the fuses for the lo beams, labeled 'L H/L LO' and 'R H/L LO'. I also see H/L LO MAIN, what is this? I do not see a fuse label for the hi beams though. Edit: I see 'H/L HI MAIN' but don't see one for L or R, so I guess there's just one."

What difference is the H/L LO MAIN vs L H/L LO and R H/L LO. When would one use the other? Or what does one affect that the other doesn't?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What about the parking lights Interior fuse box #27...does that also do the license plate lights?
Great question, I was googling this and saw a few places mention the 'SMALL'. I noticed the 'PARKING LIGHTS' as well. I guess regarding this if the fuse blows I can check both.

I do know that when I installed the LED reverse lights, the fuse for the license plate lights blew...according to the tech that fixed the issue. Maybe one can conclude that the 'BACK UP' fuse and the license plate fuse are the same?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Great question, I was googling this and saw a few places mention the 'SMALL'. I noticed the 'PARKING LIGHTS' as well. I guess regarding this if the fuse blows I can check both.

I do know that when I installed the LED reverse lights, the fuse for the license plate lights blew...according to the tech that fixed the issue. Maybe one can conclude that the 'BACK UP' fuse and the license plate fuse are the same?
I would assume the parking lights and license plate fuse is the same b/c they are both going to be on at the same time no matter what, and the license plate bulb is only a 5 watt bulb.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
All that for lighting the license plates. Why? I have leds all over my. G1,but
not the plate lights. No gain in anything for you except the cops get to see your plates better. Why spend the money?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't initially going to be "all that" much of a process, just take off and replace with LED. I have LEDs on near everything else, and it just bothers me now having them the way they are now. Call me picky, OCD, or stupid but it just irks me. It wasn't meant to be a costly addition, until I had to take it to the dealer. I want to spend the extra $8 to try again, with some better brand bulbs, as I know it's possible and I feel like I spent enough time and money to have what I want.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The LEDs should draw less power than the current bulbs so a larger fuse shouldnt be necessary.

One thing to keep in mind--its not just the fuse that's "sized" for a particular use--the wire size (gauge) may be a (smaller) size as well (like in a home--the larger the fuse/curcuit breaker, the larger the wire) so putting a larger fuse than was spec'd could then make the wire on that circuit the first thing to go in the event of a short rather than the fuse blowing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts