Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the posts about water leaks, air noise, stearing wheel creaks....I have decided to put off my purchase a bit longer. I was hoping to start the ball rolling in May. I am thinking August or September now.
The dealer (Eagle Honda in Dallas, Texas) was one of the first Honda dealerships in the United States. Honda specifically asked him to take a Honda dealship to help build their sales and reputation.
This information was given to me by a Honda representative at the dealership some years ago. He was there for supervising quality control on the techs servicing the cars. It was something that Honda only does with a few dealerships across the US.
I have a lot of respect for Honda and their engineers. I think any problems will be handled with all speed. My main reason is to give them time to find and fix the problems from the factory. Instead of fixing them after the fact. It may be until December before this is done. Hopefully The Kidd can give us some details if assembly procedures are changed. Or if quality control has a new point added to their list to check. (ie seals on fire wall or windsheild)
I really want this truck. I have plans for a lot of trips. And the Nav-XM with the ride and drive are my ticket to happiness.
Hope to be there soon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Probably not a bad idea. I have been fortunate that I have only experienced very minimal wind noise and none of the other problems discussed on this site. I would have waited but I went and test drove one and got the fever, it was all over then!

·
Registered
774 Posts
ripncarz said:
Probably not a bad idea. I have been fortunate that I have only experienced very minimal wind noise and none of the other problems discussed on this site. I would have waited but I went and test drove one and got the fever, it was all over then!
Consider yourself fortunate. For me, the creaking steering wheel is far more aggravating than the wind noise. I just mailed my Honda survey. I made it real clear that I wasn't thrilled with the quality control. I'll see if they respond. By the way, other than the steering wheel and some wind noise, I am happy with my truck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have to be honest, I have had none of these problems. It is not quite as good on the gas mileage as I would hope, but other than that, fabulous

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am also putting off my purchase. If I hadn't read about the many nagging (and in some cases, SERIOUS) issues, it would be a little different. But when you combine those with the high prices right now, it makes a lot of sense to wait. I absolutely believe Honda will get these issues taken care of, but by waiting, I won't have to as much of a chance of getting a defective one, plus I'll have the added benefit of saving thousands when the newness factor (and in some cases, price gouging) subsides. I have read about at least one customer buying at invoice, so the price issue may resolve itself even sooner than expected.

-Bob

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well let's not go overboard here...the quality issues are few and far between. A total of 7 people with wind noise and 3 or 4 with water issues. That would not qualify as a major quality control issue in my book.

FYI I am going to blame the issues on the "Kid" I think he was the one that caused the problems. :D I am very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No wind noise, no leaks yet.........wheel makes a little noise when I put pressure on it...only hear at slow speeds and with radio turned off.

My only quip, would be MPG.perhaps this will get better.

All in..very happy so far, its how it drives that has me most impressed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
Well let's not go overboard here...the quality issues are few and far between. A total of 7 people with wind noise and 3 or 4 with water issues. That would not qualify as a major quality control issue in my book.

FYI I am going to blame the issues on the "Kid" I think he was the one that caused the problems. :D I am very happy with my purchase.

I can't confirm leaking problems but I guarantee you more than 7 RL owners are experiencing some level of wind noise. These cosmetic issues, while annoying, should not blemish an otherwise outstanding new product. I visit these posts frequently. I heard of one apparent electrical problem and no engine issues. Cosmetic issues can/will be fixed. Serious stuff appears to be few and far between.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Honda would not spend thousands of dollars per hour for a wind tunnel if only 7 people complained. How many owners do we have here, 30 or so? 7 out of 30, with at least 3 or 4 in the wait-and-see camp, that's significant.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I am glad people are posting any problems they have so I can double check everything on my truck, and so far found nothing wrong.

I think one thing is for certain though...Honda and the dealers want to do everything they can to fix the problems AND satisfy the customer. They even sent one guy on this board a check for his inconveniences. That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I want mine now but think I'll wait a bit too. I really do need to do something before the 1st of July tho since I need to make a trip to Montana to pick up a U-Haul trailer full of stuff from my mothers house that is in storage of her house which we sold! (Remember I have the Beetle Turbo S).

I think the problems are few and far between as well and the dealer in Denver was going $1,500 off MSRP while another poster said he would sell any RL in stock at just $1,300 over MSRP which is not a bad deal either. But it is still a lot of money for a couple of inches of water on the floor board or a creaking steering wheel which will probably still be there at 100,000 miles.

I got kind of excited when I saw the post of the guy who bought the Titan but it is the same price (apples and apples) to the RL with leather etc and the RL drives so damned nice and the back seat is so nice and I just can't get the lockable trunk out of my mind either. Tough choices - will wait a little tho and see.

I sure do like this site and all you out there willing to share the good and bad of your purchases. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure I can wait until mid-summer. I keep thinking about it and I'm not getting my work done so my justification is I'd better get it sooner otherwise I might not have a job to get one later! ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Puhleeese...Dream on if you think they have taken the “Ridgeline” back to the wind tunnel for a few owners. I have some swamp land in Florida for sale.

Hey if you want to know if the damn thing makes noise take it out before you pay for it. The survey on this site said that only a few had the problem...don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
Puhleeese...Dream on if you think they have taken the “Ridgeline” back to the wind tunnel for a few owners. I have some swamp land in Florida for sale.
That information came from one of the most knowledgeable, trustworthy owners on this board. Too bad I can't say the same for you. :mad:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Forums are never good place to judge the actual quality of anything, cars or otherwise.

People do not just come on forums and post "everything is good" People only post when there are problems.

Visit ANY car forum, ANY brand, ANY make, ANY one of them, and you would think that they ALL had problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That information came from one of the most knowledgeable, trustworthy owners on this board. Too bad I can't say the same for you.
Don't get you knickers in a twist! You seem very upset with my comment. You go so far as to insult me….not very nice when you don’t even know me. :mad:

So let me get this right...you believe that if a hand full complain of wind noise and they decide to bring out all of the engineer and head back to the wind tunnel. Is that not a little far fetched?

If anyone on this board is there to see their vehicle drive into a Honda wind tunnel because of the complaint they made to Honda I will be happy to offer you and this board an official apology. Call the news people, it will be a great promotion, I would love to see the pictures.

If you think that people on this board are not telling the truth to you about the lack of wind noise in a majority of the vehicles and also that they are not telling the truth in the survey that was taken then I think you need to change your outlook on life.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
This information came from a knowledgeable, trustworthy member who got it straight from Honda. I don't need pictures. I've said my piece. Take it to PM.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was given the Wind Tunnel information by 2 different Honda sources as well. My Service Manager and Honda Corporate. So, if they are lying at least they are all telling the same story. :rolleyes:

FYI I wasn't the source shovelhd is referring to either.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mr Manxter,

I can assure you, I have no wind noise. I would not hide the fact if I did.

Mr Manxter said:

If you think that people on this board are not telling the truth to you about the lack of wind noise in a majority of the vehicles and also that they are not telling the truth in the survey that was taken then I think you need to change your outlook on life.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mr Manxter said:
\

Why would people lie about this? If you spent $35k and something is wrong, wouldn't you want it fixed?

Thats an odd way of thinking...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts