Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This method worked perfectly on my Pilot. I had a little bit of difficulty with the washers moving the rivnut at first, but I just angled the whole thing a little to get it to catch at first. Once it did I straightened it back out and had it done in a few minutes. My brother and I had our side steps on in less than 2 hours.

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
I can't see any photos and have NO idea what the $1.87 rivnut tool is. Who can I call to get more information?

Rachel
Can you not see any of the pictures in post #1 of this thread? You might want to try viewing them on a desktop or tablet rather than on a phone. Here are the pictures.

The $1.87 rivnut tool is a homemade tool used to install the side steps on the Ridgeline. It is much cheaper than the Honda tool you can purchase ($88), since it is basically a "one use" tool.

Rivnut1.jpg
Rivnut2.jpg
Rivnut3.jpg
Rivnut4.jpg
Rivnut.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
What makes you think I'm using a phone? I'm on a new computer. There's little squares but no photos are visible about installing running boards or the mysterious rivnut.

How can I ask questions to the authors online? It says: "Follow" then "ignore" What does that mean?

Rachel

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
I wasn't implying that you were using a phone. I merely mentioned this, because some people have trouble viewing photos, etc. on forums such as this, with cellphones.

If you "click" on the author of the post:
"follow" means you will be alerted whenever that person makes a post on any thread
"ignore" means you won't see any posts by that person
"start conversation" means you can IM (Instant Message) that person specifically and it will be a private conversation.

If you want to follow the entire thread, you will want to click the blue rectangle on the top right of this page.

Are you able to see the pictures I shared in my last post? If not, you may have to change the browser settings on your computer. You can start a conversation with @speedlever or @zroger73, who may know more about browser settings than I do.

·
Super Moderator
6,869 Posts
@rstultz51 whatever device you are accessing the ROC with you may want to check your image settings within whatever browser you are using. As for asking questions of @mike kennedy you would be more likely to get answers by just post your questions here, as he last logged in April, 2018. YMMV

@Sparkland, I can see the images in the first post and the copy's you placed in your post above on both my 2018 iPad and a Desktop PC running Chrome

101 - 106 of 106 Posts