Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

My first post here....just bought an '07 RTL (White), no Nav. Passenger map light is out, and does not light with the door either. Swapped bulb, no go.

Three things here:

1) Be very careful the switch you buy from eBay, most vendors say their switches are a match, the ones I received fit, but the push button was too short. Bad stuff. Headed back over to Amazon and bought a set there.
https://tinyurl.com/ycfqdmy2

2) When your switch goes, it has physically burned out, per attached pic. Seems that incandescent bulb is just too hot for the build quality (lack of) of the switch.....that pushed me to convert to LED. Less current, less heat, less worry about things cooking inside the low-quality switch.

3) SuperBrightLED's offer led's in various color temps and even colors.
https://tinyurl.com/yb75cpvw. Just ordered mine in warm white.

I'm sure these map lights and other interior lighting have been hashed out over the years, but I thought a pic of the heat inside these things might help explain.

Sad really, I have a 98 Dodge Ram with original map light bulbs and switches...go figure. Everything else has been replaced, 'cept the cummins :wink:

Take care all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Difference between eBay switch (left) and original (right)

On edit to update.....

Left switch = 21mm (wrong one), and the......

right switch = 26.75mm (correct for our rigs)

Received the ones from Amazon, more costly, but they do fit and work just fine.

Installed the SuperBright LED's (warm white) they look good, maybe slightly less output, but they work installed either direction and fade out as they are supposed to, no flickering that I could tell.

Take care all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,615 Posts
Good first post (and 2nd) by the way you could have edited the first post and added up to 6 images.

If you have a caliper can you get a measurement of the length of the original, it might save someone down the line.

This has been discussed before (replacement and issues with the switch) but that’s the first time I recall seeing so much damage, usually it corrosion on the contacts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts