Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Ridgeline. Only my rear map lights come on when door is open, is this normal? Or is something in need of repair. Lights work if I manually operate them so bulbs are good.
New to me and always been like this so just curious on correct operation.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,036 Posts
This it typical Honda. Remove the map lights and take out the switches. Use some contact cleaner on them where the slide contacts enter the body, maybe put a slight bend in the contact pins towards the floor, then reinstall everything and see if they work ok. I have to rework mine from time to time in both the 06 Pilot and the 08 Ridgeline.

There is a thread here that discusses the issue at length, but I can't find my bookmark for it right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thank you. I did see a video on YouTube about fixing it on another vehicle wasn’t sure if it was the same issue. I will tackle that and get it working cause it sure is annoying.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,036 Posts
Perfect thank you. I did see a video on YouTube about fixing it on another vehicle wasn’t sure if it was the same issue. I will tackle that and get it working cause it sure is annoying.
Thank you.
Here's one of several threads on the issue. I think some of the pics have disappeared over the years. But hopefully you'll get the idea.'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts