Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Seattle area and I went to visit a dealer in Kirkland. They showed a $2700 market adjustment on all the Ridgelines. They had a MSRP RTL W/MOONROOF/XM RADIO $33155.00 (RTL S/R) going for $37k. On top of that they mentioned Honda will only make 50,000 of these this year but with this markup it is hard to justify the cost. :( Anyone else found a dealer in the Pacific Northwest selling at MSRP

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
You shouldn't have to pay any mark-up.

I told my dealership (I'm in Florida) that I would not pay any dealer mark-up for my truck. I told him very plainly that I could wait 6-8 months or go to the competing dealer in town and let them sell me a vehicle without a mark-up.

·
Registered
996 Posts
klomp63 said:
I live in the Seattle area and I went to visit a dealer in Kirkland. They showed a $2700 market adjustment on all the Ridgelines. They had a MSRP RTL W/MOONROOF/XM RADIO $33155.00 (RTL S/R) going for $37k. On top of that they mentioned Honda will only make 50,000 of these this year but with this markup it is hard to justify the cost. :( Anyone else found a dealer in the Pacific Northwest selling at MSRP
You tell your dealer that 50,000 figure is not true. True, they have 50,000 scheduled, but if the Ridgeline is a hit they will start production in the states, and they're prepared to do this. This is straight from the president of Honda in Canada. There will be no shortage of Ridgelines either way. Tell your dealer to go ^$%%$ him self. What a creep, trying to imply this is some kind of collectors item to justify his criminal markup

·
Registered
114 Posts
if honda is to bump production they will not be producing any in the states, they will transfer more pilot production to alabama and the alliston plant (the only plant with the capability to produce them) will increase production. My info is pretty good considering i work at the plant in alliston...we are currently doing 240/day and i have heard rumors of a production increase up to 360 units per day.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ridge,

Thank you for stating the true facts, I was just about to write the same thing, when I seen you had it covered.
Honda says they hope to sell 50,00, these dealers who are saying build 50,000 are crooks. The tooling has all been made, and if needed willbe shipped to Alabama to meet demand. Of course with some of these dealers that Honda has turning customers off with BS prices, that may never need to happen.

I don't get, when a new tool comes to market, it comes out at a lower cost for the first while, maybe free accessories too.

First buyers at new housing developements, get great deals, same at new stores or resturants.

So why do you get screwed for being an early buyer of a new car model, not only do you not know what the car is like, we won't know what the insurance is till muck later this year.

Ridge said:
You tell your dealer that 50,000 figure is not true. True, they have 50,000 scheduled, but if the Ridgeline is a hit they will start production in the states, and they're prepared to do this. This is straight from the president of Honda in Canada. There will be no shortage of Ridgelines either way. Tell your dealer to go ^$%%$ him self. What a creep, trying to imply this is some kind of collectors item to justify his criminal markup

·
Registered
5 Posts
At Parker Johnstone Wilsonville Honda, (Portland, Or.) we have Ridgelines at Msrp and there is no mark up of any kind, or any sneaky appearance packages added. All Ridgelines in stock have not been modified with any accessories. As of 3/7/2005 we have in Stock one White RTS, One Black RTL w/moonroof, and two Silver RTL w/Moonroof and NAV. When I get back to the store I will post what the actual MSRP of each truck, but most every one knows what it should be. We are a new Honda dealer (now three weeks old), So I will add contact info. Chris Owen at Parker Johnstone Wilsonville Honda, 30600 SW Parkway Ave., Wilsonville, Or. 97070. or 503-218-4844 Monday through Saturday 9am - 8pm, and Sunday 11am - 7pm. [email protected] Please call with any questions, and I would be glad to help anyone.

·
Registered
996 Posts
jpkmatthew633 said:
you guy's are getting off easy..Here in scottsdale ,AZ the mark up is 6999 :mad: so I wonder if the HMO knows of the greed going on
I would really be curious to know if anyone is actually paying that BS price. I just don't believe anyone could be that much of a moron. I think it's a psych tactic so when they drop the mark up, you feel like you got some spectacular deal when you pay only MSRP, which is where they wanted you all along.
Mabey I'm wrong, and people are actually stupid enough to pay it. Our dealer here isn't stupid enough to try that BS. People would laugh him out of town.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tell you what - I bought an Element last year from Don Wessell in Springfield, MO (no, I'm not related, so this isn't a plug.) I paid $250 less than MSRP because it was a manual transmission (wanted that anyway).

A week later, a giant tub of popcorn arrives UPS to thank me for my business. Also, I get a card that entitles me to $10 oil changes - at the dealership - for the life of the vehicle.

Those guys are in white shirts and ties - you are in and out with a coffee and very little wait - and everything starts with "sir".

They have Ridgelines, with Navi, on the lot right now for MSRP. Within 90 days, I'll have one in the driveway - I asked them if they thought they would get a blue RTL, they said to call them 30 days ahead so they could call around and do a trade out for me. I will do that before I buy anywhere else.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know that I am off topic here, Would you happen to have any news when the Canadian Honda dealers are getting shipments of the Ridge??? I put a deposit down and ordered a RTL on the 14 feb, still waiting.
the kid said:
if honda is to bump production they will not be producing any in the states, they will transfer more pilot production to alabama and the alliston plant (the only plant with the capability to produce them) will increase production. My info is pretty good considering i work at the plant in alliston...we are currently doing 240/day and i have heard rumors of a production increase up to 360 units per day.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Kid,

Do a search in the Toronto Star, that where the president of Honda Canada said they would buid them in Alabama, he said that Alliston was at full capacity, and rather than move things around they could just build extra's down south.

He also said they are now studying to either expand a line, or add another plant in Alliston. So that has to make folks up there happy, I remember what a big deal it was when they built the original plant.

the kid said:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in the Kent area and went down to Vancouver, WA (Dick Hannah Honda). Make sure you talk to Mitch Sartin (internet sales) ....tell him Len Olive (silver RTL) sent you. Keep in mind that I also purchased an '05 Odyssey EXL w/ nav & res which helpd me get MSRP on the first Ridgeline sold in WA. I am sure Mitch will take good care of you. My experience w/ him was much, MUCH more pleasant than dealing with the Seattle area sharks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So far I've tried Klein Honda (Everett, WA), Lynnwood Honda, and Sims Honda (Burlington, WA). Klein had $4K markup, Lynnwood didn't state their markup but admitted they had it at a premium and Sims implied they were going to sell at premium too. I'll just wait...I really could use a pickup but I'll rent one when I need one. In fact I'm renting a full-size this week to take a load(s) of crap from a renovation project to the dump. It would really be nice to drive a Ridgeline but no way I'm paying more than MSRP! Actually it kinda pisses me off but that's what dealerships (most) do. :mad:

·
ROC Dealer Sponsor
8 Posts
There should be no mark up on the Ridgeline. They should be reported to American Honda. Also, They are producing up to 150,000 the first year. Not 50,000. It makes me angry :mad: when I hear about dealerships that mark up their cars. Dis-honesty like that is what gives everyone a bad name.No need to be greedy. What comes around goes around. Any Ridgelineownersclub member will get a $500 discount from me :)

·
ROC Dealer Sponsor
8 Posts
I agree whole heartedly! Aside from being in sales, I am also a consumer: I dont like it on either end of the spectrum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts