Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found any nice after-market rubber floor mats for the bed of our truck? The abrasive 'Rhino linng' is nice, but doesn't avoid the slipping and sliding. The cage accessory doesn't achieve full floor coverage to contain anything larger from sliding around. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Island Lady! I use a piece of commercial rubber floor covering like you see in grocery stores, department stores, Harley Davidson dealers, etc. It was cheap (free as a scrap piece from a commercial installation), washable, very durable, and easily cut to size. It protects the bed very well. There are other threads on the subject here on the ROC. Do a search of Bed Mat and poke around a bit. I bet that you will find some good ideas and recommendations. Just remember that most any bed mat will cause your in bed trunk lid to not be able to stay open by itself due to the weight of the mat. I sometimes just roll or toss mine toward the front of the bed, or prop it open with a piece of plastic pipe between the top of the tie down cleat and the corner of the bed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased an interlocking floor mat from a local home store (Menards) which is 3' x3'. It is about 1/2" thick rubber with 3/4" holes on about 2" centers. I bought two mats @ $15.00 each, placed one of the mats towards the front and cut 1/3 of the second mat and interlocked it to the first mat to make up a 3' x 4' mat. I then center the remaining 2' x 3' mat to the rear over the trunk lid. It works out very convenient as I can lift the rear mat up and place it up front in order to open the trunk lid. The holes in the mat allow water and dirt to pass on through but it provides excellent protection to the bed floor. It is heavy enough to remain in place. I would think any of the home stores would have similar products. Found it in the carpet section. Sam's also has 16" interlocking floor mats of various colors with one side being black that may also work well.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Island_Lady said:
Has anyone found any nice after-market rubber floor mats for the bed of our truck? The abrasive 'Rhino linng' is nice, but doesn't avoid the slipping and sliding. The cage accessory doesn't achieve full floor coverage to contain anything larger from sliding around. :)
If you can afford it, look at this, probably the best, but expensive.
www.elemmat.com

·
Registered
176 Posts
I too bought one from truckcustomizers.com. Works great and really doesn't bother me if I have to roll it up once to get my golf clubs or bowling balls into the trunk. Great investment.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I picked up some 18" X 18" carpet tiles with rubber backing that were left over from a project. Keep them in the trunk and when I put anything in the bed I pull out 1 or more tiles to place under the item.:)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I seldom use the truck bed but when I do I just throw an old, thick comforter in there and up over the sides. A heavy blanket or oversize sleeping bag will do just as well. These things protect the bed when you have stuff to haul to the dump or bags of mulch, etc. and nothing slides around on a comforter. Now if you're the kind that hauls loads of dirt, rocks and that sort of thing then a bed mat is the way to go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Has anybody gotten the mat from Elemmat? If so, what do you think about it? Worth the price?

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks Scott. Guess I should have looked a little farther to find that thread. Did you get the trunk mat also?

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just got the bed mat for now. It's very nice (was on my porch when I got home). The fit is tight-I actually had to slip the edges down into the little 'V' where the bed walls and bed meet. It ain't goin' nowhere. It's also a lot thicker than most bed mats I've seen. I'm sure it will be a little harder to get into the trunk, but I also look at it as it hides it as well-a little more security.

Be prepared to spend about 30 minutes unpacking the thing-they wrap it up nice & tight.:)

The only thing I can think that I would change (and I don't know if it's even possible) is to put a folding seam at the back edge of the trunk (like a 'v' cut) to make it easier to open the trunk.

·
Registered
616 Posts
scottIN said:
I just got the bed mat for now. It's very nice (was on my porch when I got home). The fit is tight-I actually had to slip the edges down into the little 'V' where the bed walls and bed meet. It ain't goin' nowhere. It's also a lot thicker than most bed mats I've seen. I'm sure it will be a little harder to get into the trunk, but I also look at it as it hides it as well-a little more security.

Be prepared to spend about 30 minutes unpacking the thing-they wrap it up nice & tight.:)

The only thing I can think that I would change (and I don't know if it's even possible) is to put a folding seam at the back edge of the trunk (like a 'v' cut) to make it easier to open the trunk.
Glad you like it Scott! Did you have to trim it near the rear tie downs so it would clear them when you open the trunk?

The longer I have mine, the more I like it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Perkolater said:
Glad you like it Scott! Did you have to trim it near the rear tie downs so it would clear them when you open the trunk?

The longer I have mine, the more I like it.
I'm not going to trim it-but you're right, it does catch. After playing around a little, I found the easiest thing to do is just grab the corners, roll the sides in a bit right at the back and lift up until you're on top of the tie-downs. Then, when you lift the lid, nothing catches. It looks like you'd have to trim it a good bit to get it to clear, and I'd rather have the tight fit and take an extra 2 seconds to lift the lid than to trim it. The one thing I did think about was making a single cut where it catches so there's a 'flap' that will just flip down when it hits the tie-down. I don't think it would even be visible when the mat is down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts