Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I'm in western NC right now. At a meet at the dragon. I rode along the Cherahala today and was in Robbinsville.

Killboy will get some shots of my car tomorrow and saturday
Keep us posted and posts some pics!!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Keep us posted and posts some pics!!
The only photos I have uploaded are from Tuesday. I hit the Blue Ridge on Wednesday and have some photos from the Cherohala yesterday. Hitting the dragon in about 30 mins

At the NC welcome center on I-26 (about 30 mins north of Asheville)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You know thats about an hour and a half away from me and I never been to that part of NC before. I must try it out.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
You know thats about an hour and a half away from me and I never been to that part of NC before. I must try it out.
I'm finding out how fun my little car truly is..... I've made some pretty aggressive dragon runs.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I'm finding out how fun my little car truly is..... I've made some pretty aggressive dragon runs.
I have been on the Dragon many times; several 5 speed Accords, a couple of F-150's, 1 Accord automatic, and 2 RL's. The 5 speeds were the most fun. I guess you remember and now agree with our most famous professor from Southern Mississippi, djueax; when he said, "when people in WNC and East TN say dam it", they mean it!!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Have fun, Keith!
some notes from today

Tonight, Scott and I came upon a 10 mph under the limit old family in an Accord sedan between teh lodge and the Den..... We passed illegally :D

Pretty clean run just two slow downs but they allowed us to pass. On the way back, we had a completly clean run from the dragon turn around to the Fontana parking lot.... that has to be some sort of record

As of right now, Killboy photos are not up
k i l l b o y . c o m

What are the other 4 photographer companies?​

I dare say that my dragon runs are much faster than the Ridgeline meet runs. The Civic Si has a ton of new respect from me now that I know what it can do.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I dare say that my dragon runs are much faster than the Ridgeline meet runs. The Civic Si has a ton of new respect from me now that I know what it can do.
The RL drivers were not concerned with elapsed times on the Dragon circuit; we where more interested in enjoying our beverage of choice, enjoying the scenery, and trying to prevent having a Rice Rocket for a hood ornament!!;):D:cool:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
And listen to larryr tell many war stories! And listen to the sound of the ice and beverages swish from side to side of the cooler in the back passenger area. Swish, swish, swish.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
The RL drivers were not concerned with elapsed times on the Dragon circuit; we where more interested in enjoying our beverage of choice, enjoying the scenery, and trying to prevent having a Rice Rocket for a hood ornament!!;):D:cool:
how many bikes passed the Ridge group while you meandered through the woods?

Imagine 30 civics rolling at 65 mph (I personally got up to 75 mph) and the speed bikes much faster... one heck of a noise in the forest.

It's crazy here, I know the Civic group squished many squirrels on the roads over the last few days. The area must be over-run with these tree rats hahahah

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
how many bikes passed the Ridge group while you meandered through the woods?

Imagine 30 civics rolling at 65 mph (I personally got up to 75 mph) and the speed bikes much faster... one heck of a noise in the forest.

It's crazy here, I know the Civic group squished many squirrels on the roads over the last few days. The area must be over-run with these tree rats hahahah
How did you manage to drink beer and shift gears and maintain that speed?:rolleyes: We were passed many times sometimes the pass would take place when the straight was only a few feet long!! When you look in the mirror and see a dude with black leather from head to toe and pads on his knees look out, you know he is coming by very soon and very fast!! I will check you out on Killboy later today!!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Could this be our "not a Ridgeline owner" moderator showing his stuff on the Dragon last Friday?;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Do these guys just sit out there in one spot and take pictures all the time. It looks like the same place every time I see a pic. I'm picturing guys sitting in lawn chairs by the road. :D

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Do these guys just sit out there in one spot and take pictures all the time. It looks like the same place every time I see a pic. I'm picturing guys sitting in lawn chairs by the road. :D
you are correct in all accounts. Each company has their own spot and they are snapping thousands of photos of EVERYTHING that rolls by..... everyone can be a customer

21 - 40 of 76 Posts