Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about using a low-gloss interior protectant (their words) to kinda brighten up the plastic parts and maybe help cut down on the what seems be some of the plastic's tendency to scratch. Haven't used it since about 2 cars back and my last car a RX-300, did not need it. (a little higher grade plastic?)
What are ya'lls thought on some of the newer products, like Armor-All that comes in a low gloss formula?
Good? Bad? Reasons? Facts? Cuz ya know, once you apply that stuff it just doesn't go away. Now that I think about, I guess I just answered my own question! :D But I still want to hear the ROC member's opinions.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This endorsement is purely empirical. I've used 303 Protectant on all my vehicles since 1995. It has been the best protectant for me. My 1995 boat's interior and exterior still look like new. The vinyl in my wifes '99 Civic still looks brand new. The UV protection is simply outstanding. IMO,there is not a better product available.

I do not work for or invest in 303 Protectants.

·
Registered
264 Posts
For all my leather areas I use Leather protection cream from Leather Master. I also use this on all my leather furniture and it has been a great product for me

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought some Maguiars leather wipes. I used them one late afternoon, and the next day the interior of the truck smelled like a dead animal. I tried them one more time and the same thing happened.

I'm going to try something else...

·
Registered
205 Posts
RidgeInMaine said:
I bought some Maguiars leather wipes. I used them one late afternoon, and the next day the interior of the truck smelled like a dead animal. I tried them one more time and the same thing happened.

I'm going to try something else...
Must have REALLY cleaned the leather WELL!

L

·
0 Posts
I bought 303 a month ago or so and I treated only my drivers seat and the metal handle on the drivers side. I allowed it to go for a few weeks and what a difference in the two sides both the seats and the handles. The leather still looks great on the seat while the passenger side is need of a boost. The handle has NO finger prints on it after 2 weeks and the passenger side was covered with them.
I won't use anything else thanks to this forum. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I went to my "local 303 dealer" according to 303, and they told me that 303 was bought out by another company, and the original 303 Protectant was no longer available. The new product is called Tonneau Somethingorother. Was this a bait and switch?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Thanks U-H. The next closest dealer is a marine supply store. We'll see what they have.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have noticed that when I use 303 on the dash, my windshield gets hazy from the stuff evaporating. 303 is excellent, but the haze is annoying............

·
Registered
802 Posts
303 is great on the interior vinyl, as well as any gaskets. Personally, I don't like it on leather-I use Z9 & Z10 for that. One of the best tricks I've learned about 303 is to buff it after you apply-it will make it last longer and give a more uniform appearance.

L

·
0 Posts
I'll say it again since it has been a while since I have been using it. Nothing but 303 touches Ridgena. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
shovelhd said:
I went to my "local 303 dealer" according to 303, and they told me that 303 was bought out by another company, and the original 303 Protectant was no longer available. The new product is called Tonneau Somethingorother. Was this a bait and switch?
The only place I found the 303 was in Camping/Trailer supply store.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Give the 303 a try. I did after reading all the recommendations on the ROC, and am convinced it is the way to go. Not greasy, leaves a real nice surface feel. I am also impressed by the information on their website, it looks like they have really done their homework. Their recommended usage is very specific as to material types, and the list of manufacturers who [apparently] recommend their product is a who's who.

Get a 'free' sample ($5 S&H):
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample

It is more expensive, but I think well worth it. Only the marine supply stores around here have it.

I also had need for spot remover within the first 3 days of owning my RL. I think it was just the drips from my Invisible Glass, and I was surprised that the cloth seats in my RT spotted so easily. I figured that since the 303 Prot was so good, I tried their Fabric Cleaner and Fabric Guard. My spot wasn't very demanding, so I can't really comment on that. But I did the entire interior and carpets with the Fabric Guard. (The 16 oz. wasn't quite enough, I had to buy another. But if you're careful, you can probably get by with one bottle.)

I was amazed when my small rear seat leak beaded up on top of the carpet, and stayed that way! I mean, it was like suspended at the tips of the carpet fibers, and only soaked in if I rubbed it. Used a paper towel to blot it up, and the carpet was as dry as a bone. Granted, it was only a couple tablespoons..... it's not gonna help any of you with the swimming pool option:D !

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
rtpjunior said:
I have noticed that when I use 303 on the dash, my windshield gets hazy from the stuff evaporating. 303 is excellent, but the haze is annoying............
Don't be so sure that 303 is causing the haze. We've been battling that since well before we discovered 303 on this sight. I am most happy with Stoner's Invisible Glass for cutting through the haze. I found it at Walmart of all places and it was due to a recommendation on this site too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is my first time having an interior that was anything but the cheesy cloth. So what I gather is that the 303 is great for the plastic but not everyone loves it for the leather. This is really good info for a newbie like me. Of course it is 20 degrees and the ground is covered with snow so any thoughts of me cleaning the car are way off in the future!

BTW Does the 303 also work as well on the rubber mats I got from Honda? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts