Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
How do you say BADGE ENGINEERING?

How many different brands names will that truck be marketed under? I can count 3 already, maybe 4.

Actually this is part of a component swap and vehicle arrangement between Nissan and Mercedes.

The Infiniti Q30 is built on the Mercedes GLA/CLA platform. The Infiniti Q50 will also use the Mercedes 2.0 L Turbo engine like the MB C300.

Nissan will build the 2.0 L Turbo engine at the Decherd TN plant and ship it to MB for use in the GLA/CLA and C300 vehicles. There is talk the engine will be used in a new A-Class (econo) MB to be sold in the U.S.

The Mercedes truck (outside of the U.S.) will use a Renault built diesel. I think that is ok since Rudolph Diesel was actually born in France.

Samsung rebadged a Renault that is actually was sold in the U.S. as an Infiniti and a Nissan in other parts of the world.

Samsung Renault starts shipping the Korean-Built Nissan Rogue to the US.

Buick to sell a China built car in the U.S.

JATCO (largely Nissan owned) supplies CVT transmissions to Chrysler, GM, Mitsubishi, and Suzuki.

Somehow I think we will see even more badge engineering in the future.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We may see their pickup at an auto show later this year, looks like. No word on whether they're going to build it in Alabama alongside the GLE SUV, or import it and do final (re)assembly here to avoid the Chicken Tax.

Mercedes to reveal pickup by year-end

Chip H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts