Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was interesting from Autoweek, May 23rd issue:

"Laredo, Texas, averaging 139.699 mph to set a world record for a diesel. Mercedes also set diesel speed records for 100,000 kilometers and 50,000 miles with two other E320s. The cars set the records while achieving nearly 18 mpg, thanks to the new 224 hp diesel V6 and it's particulate filter, running on the same low-sulfur fuel we will be able to buy in fall 2006.

The record runs (April 1 - May 1) were done largely to impress upon Americans that new diesels provide clean, economical power. Mercedes engineers encouraged us to stick a finger in the tailpipe of any of the test cars: Not only did our finger come out soot-free, it was downright clean."

The diesels are coming and I'm sure Honda will have one as well (for the States). I would love an RL with a diesel engine that is as good, clean, powerful and economical as the one above!

Anyone else for a diesel? :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also have mentioned that there is a company here in Taos, New Mexico, which is producing "biodiesel" from waste restaurant oil - the stuff they fry your french fries in etc.

They are getting rave reviews from places across the country. Absoutely, no modification is needed to your car, truck, bus, backhoe, etc. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
ridgeman said:
I should also have mentioned that there is a company here in Taos, New Mexico, which is producing "biodiesel" from waste restaurant oil - the stuff they fry your french fries in etc.

They are getting rave reviews from places across the country. Absoutely, no modification is needed to your car, truck, bus, backhoe, etc. :D
I've read that diesels produced after '94 don't need any modification to run biodiesel. Supposedly, 2 refineries are opening in Washington soon that will produce biodiesel. Anything that lessens our dependence on foreign oil is a good thing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
mcDonaled's drive thru of t he future:

"May I help you?"
"Yes, I would like 2 big macs, 2 cokes, 2 large fry and 20 gallons of your french fry oil."

"Do you want desert with that?"
"No."

"Ok, that will be $38.00, please drive to the second window for your food and then to the pump by the rear door for the oil."

·
Registered
635 Posts
I run a Yanmar diesel in my sailboat, I love it, except when motoring downwind. A freind of mine thought there should be a law passed that requires any diesel vehicle to put the tail pipe at the front that way the driver can smell it too.

There are a few boats in my area that run biodiesel, in make you hungry when they go buy as it smells just like McDonalds french fries, I believe McDonnalds has stopped cooking their french fries in diesel some time ago.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts