Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have anything they use to clean the stainless (looking) door handles and the speedometer trim cover. It seems to wipe clean with water or cleaners, but smudges easy as soon as they are touched... Does anyone know of something that can coat it, so it stays clean :confused:
Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant.
Never heard of the stuff before this forum, but it is great.
Water based and you can use it on everything!
I put it on those "metal" parts and it does not get grungey like before.
I did my whole interior, including the clear instrument panels
and all the rubber seals.
Actually put it on everything plastic or vinyl around the house like the phone,
remotes, fishing rods, t.v.'s, radios, whatever.
You can use it on leather and as a wax if you want.
Repels dirt, dust, tree sap.
Everything looks new, not fake like armour all.
I just used the 303 left over in the rag for the house stuff.
I won't ever use anything else for plastic and vinyl.
Got it at Ace hardware.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=techaeroprotect

·
Registered
73 Posts
Too bad DeLorean didn't have that stuff for his cars huh?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Best way to apply the 303 protectant is to get a cotton glove or and old sock slip it on your hand spray the protectant on the glove or sock and go over the area it stops the over spray from getting on the windows

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had never heard of the 303 Protectant product before reading about it from a thread I started. This stuff is GREAT! Not like Armor-All at all. Even the newer "low gloss" stuff. I had to drive to a Lewisville Boat shop to get it, but it is everything that the folks say it is. I especially like how it sets up on the outside window trim. It actually stays on the trim after washing. Doesn't
"bleed" after a car wash like Armor-All and it doesn't streak or change the color like Armor-All. Great stuff folks. See what interesting things ya learn when ya buy a Ridgeline? :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pbear i been using that product for a little over 10 years on my boat vinyl and canvas none the less the seats and canvas look like they did when i bought the boat 10 years ago, if you have cloth interior you have to get the 303 stain guard protectant this stuff also works great

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Nobody in my area had any in stock. Had to order it. Will have 2 bottles next Monday. Can't wait to use it....my dash is looking a little dull, but I am not gonna detail it until I get my 303.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Wow sounds like we will have to give the 303 a try and will have to order online because we can't find it at any of the autoparts stores around us.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Try a marine shop or a camper supplies store.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I am also a convert to 303, its amazing stuff. I had to go to a boat place to find it and I am still trying it out on different things. The Stoners Invisiglass is also wonderful. I learned about both on the RL forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts