Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you see if this also happens to your G2. When I reverse and tap the brake, I hear a metal clank. If I continue to reverse and brake again, it does not clank again. If I move forward and then backwards again, I hear the clank when I apply the brake the first time.

I'm also hearing similar clanks when rolling over some rough bumps and it seems to only come from the passenger side.

Any of your experiences similar to this? Thanks in advance.

nizz

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does the G2 still have the "drum in hat" parking brakes like G1? If so it could be too tight on the shoes or the auto adjusters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was having an issue with either a right front strut or spring. The 1st time the stealership replaced some plate on top of the spring, 2nd time replaced strut assembly w/ their demo vehicle. Have not heard the sound since....only really heard it w/ steering wheel turned all the way and at a slow roll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
Could one of you see if this also happens to your G2. When I reverse and tap the brake, I hear a metal clank. If I continue to reverse and brake again, it does not clank again. If I move forward and then backwards again, I hear the clank when I apply the brake the first time.

I'm also hearing similar clanks when rolling over some rough bumps and it seems to only come from the passenger side.

Any of your experiences similar to this? Thanks in advance.

nizz
This may be entirely normal as the brake pads shift slightly to the new direction of travel. But it should be more of a click than a clank.

If this is what it is, you should also hear it when you go back to drive and first touch the brakes moving forward.

If definitely a clank, then I have no idea. Does it do it both ways? Or only in reverse?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never noticed a sound when braking moving forward but I can consistently reproduce the sound in reverse.

nizz

·
0 Posts
Mine makes a metal creaking sound and has been in the shop. Seems like these things have some issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get this noise every morning or every time I'm making a 3 point turn.

Starts in reverse and consistently hear the clank, reversing, tapping on the break to slow down then shifting to drive.

Going to lift it up on the lift at my shop and try to pinpoint it before bringing it to the "mechanics" at the dealership. I'll try to find the noise by the end of the week hopefully, depending on if we're busy or not and report back for you guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys, got a few minutes this morning to throw the truck on the roll on lift before we opened. I narrowed it down to a few possibilities but left the truck there overnight so I can lift it first thing in the morning
The clank noise I hear usually occurs if I'm backing out of the driveway, let it roll about 3-5 feet and then lightly tap the break pedal. Happens in drive sometimes as well but mostly in reverse.
Tomorrow morning though I'm going to take a closer look at the passenger front axle, control arm bushings (passenger) and the body mount bushings.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hey guys, got a few minutes this morning to throw the truck on the roll on lift before we opened. I narrowed it down to a few possibilities but left the truck there overnight so I can lift it first thing in the morning
The clank noise I hear usually occurs if I'm backing out of the driveway, let it roll about 3-5 feet and then lightly tap the break pedal. Happens in drive sometimes as well but mostly in reverse.
Tomorrow morning though I'm going to take a closer look at the passenger front axle, control arm bushings (passenger) and the body mount bushings.
see if you can reference anything from these random shots I took while I'd new tires changed :wink:

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums - UnicornKaz's Album: New tires :) ( and NEW reverse LED )

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Our 2012 Odyssey has made a weird clunking sound from the front passenger strut every since we bought it. We take it in and they put some sort of lithium lube on it sand it lasts a few weeks. Just turned 114K and never have had any tire wear anomalies, just the annoying noise when turning or hitting a speed bump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts